Have questions or want to discuss cycling? Join Now or Sign In to participate in the BikeRide community.

New: Take Part in the March Giveaway: Coming Soon 3/24

Are electric bikes the future?
Ridership will keep growing. Especially suited for people who aren't biking much now, commuting - where you don't want to arrive sweaty and exploring outdoors parks and wildernesses on paved and unpaved roads.
I think more people are going to use electric bikes in the future, especially in urban areas where the costs of parking vehicles keep rising. And more cities are becoming bike friendly by creating bike lanes on existing roadways and bike trails thru parks. An electric bike is a way to help the environment but also being able to show up for work not soaked in sweat is a big plus !!!
Yes, I think they will play a big part. What a perfect way to get around with ease.
Ebikes have a place and with advocacy and government support they offer a great opportunity to bring more people to cycling.
I believe Electric Bikes are the future!
to me, e-bikes seem like a great idea and the future of commuting.
Ebikes are absolutely the future of transportation (at the minimum.) With Covid, more people want a way to easily get to work vs. taking public transportation
(04-02-2021, 05:35 PM)Nicholas Wrote:  Hello, bike riders!
In April, BikeRide community members have a chance to win a Roadster V2 electric bike from Ride1UP. What do you think about electric bikes? Do you believe that the number of e-bike owners will continue growing steadily in the future? Share your thoughts in the comments!

Absolutely! E-bike is starting to trending right now, it's convenient, and Effortless,while we can easier to commuting, at the same time reduce carbon foot print...
Smile 
I definitely believe that ebikes are the future. Especially with the rise in fuel prices.
I think they will continue to grow, but won't ever really replace traditional cycling. The benefits of simply using your own power are just too great!
What do you think about electric bikes? Do you believe that the number of e-bike owners will continue growing steadily in the future? Share your thoughts in the comments!

Yes they are the future.
I think they will continue to grow as the range improves, just like with electric cars. However, i do not think they will ever be more than 10% of the bike market, whereas in 50 years electric cars will likely be 50%. They are good commuter bikes to cut down on sweating on a ride to work, bur for pure leisure most people will still choose human power.
Yes, e-bikes are most definitely the future. We can't continue to rely on foreign countries to supply our natural resources to be used for transportation. We must start looking forward with logical solutions - and e-bikes make so much sense in every regard. In the foreseeable future, we will still be using cars for longer distance traveling - but for commuting in one's city to and from work e-bikes make a lot of sense.

Attached Files Image(s)

I think ebikes are definitely an important piece of our movement away from car-dependency - especially where it's more feasible, in urban areas. I'm still riding under my own power (25 year old Norco), but most of my biking friends have ebikes. I would be interested in trying one, since I'm getting older and it would expand the number of possible routes our riding group could choose.
I think they will be transportation of the future. We need to get away from fossil fuels and electric bikes would be great for shorter travel and would have less of a foot print than a car.
Thumbs Up 
What do you think about electric bikes? Do you believe that the number of e-bike owners will continue growing steadily in the future? Share your thoughts in the comments!

I think they will continue to climb in popularity because you can go further with less work
I think so because they are a great way to exercise and get around town. Especially with people wanting to go green
I know all my friends so they can keep up and spend time with the grandkids
Thumbs Up 
If car prices don't get reasonable again, of course electric bikes are the future!!!
Most definitely my personal future since it beats pedaling by a long way.

Possibly Related Threads...