Have questions or want to discuss cycling? Join Now or Sign In to participate in the BikeRide community.

New: Take Part in the March Giveaway: Coming Soon 3/24

Are electric bikes the future?
Yes! I think they definitely are.
Electric bikes are interesting! I do believe that the number of e-bike owners will continue growing steadily in the future.
the number of e-bike users will certainly continue growing, but the vast majority will stick to the good old non-electric bike. i personally believe that e-bikes are very useful for mountainous areas - multiple day MTB tours - and for the elderly.
Electric bikes are DEFINITELY the future, and now!
(04-02-2021, 05:35 PM)Nicholas Wrote:  number of e-bike owners will continue growing steadily in the future
I definitely think the numbers of e-bike owners will continue to grow. They are fun and practical to ride.
Of course I think more and more people will start to ride e-bikes!
I think they are the present and the future. They have been around for 20+ years. Saw a lot in China 15 years ago. With better range/batteries, these make a better option than taking the car, IF you have roads that safely allow bike riding.
yes they are especially for old fart.
There is no question about it. Fossil fuels are going the way of the dinosaurs. An electric bike will be the best way to travel around town. Combine that with solar power and it's a win-win.
I think batteries in bikes is a great idea.i plan to get one someday to try, but i still love the good old fashion bike haha
I think they will Be the future but i still enjoy and old fashioned bike powered only by legs. I do plan to buy one in the future.
With carbon taxes going up all the time some of us will have no other choice.
(04-02-2021, 05:35 PM)Nicholas Wrote:  Hello, bike riders!

In April, BikeRide community members have a chance to win a Roadster V2 electric bike from Ride1UP. What do you think about electric bikes? Do you believe that the number of e-bike owners will continue growing steadily in the future?

Share your thoughts in the comments!
This giveaway applies to the United States and Canada.
Well as someone who would love to one day own one... id say yes. As we continue to rely on fossil fuels whose prices just get more and more expensive.. it makes sense to me that we progress further and further away from them. I'd love to see more bikes and for those of us who need the extra help now and then.. a boost would be great..however... i paid less for my first car.. than the average electric bike...
An E-bike is an excellent way for new riders to get an appetite for cycling even if their fitness level isn't quite where they want it to be.
Thumbs Down 
It would be great to go around town on it, it looks great
Electric bikes, and all electric vehicles are the clean transportation future! Electric bikes definitely are a great way to get around on the low down.
Yes! Better for the environment, cheaper than cars and you get exercise.
I think we will see an increased spike in e-bike users but prices will have to come down. When the market stabilizes we could see a surge.
I very much see them as the future as they are environmentally smart, and they are versatile for their ability to be manual for exercise or electric for long or difficult commutes.
I think they will especially be the future in most major cities and college campuses because they are efficient and good for the environment.

Possibly Related Threads...