Have questions or want to discuss cycling? Join Now or Sign In to participate in the BikeRide community.

New: Take Part in the March Giveaway: Coming Soon

Are electric bikes the future?
Hello, bike riders!
What do you think about electric bikes? Do you believe that the number of e-bike owners will continue growing steadily in the future? Share your thoughts in the comments!

I think so, it a great way to get around and get in some exercise at the same time. I think many drivers need to be re-educated about the rules of the rode though.
It appears that things will progress towards them yes. I ride a HArley, even they have an EV
Yes electric bikes are the future, the technology and battery power and life is outstanding!
Absolutely.. They are so much fun!!
(04-02-2021, 05:35 PM)Nicholas Wrote:  Hello, bike riders!

In April, BikeRide community members have a chance to win a Roadster V2 electric bike from Ride1UP. What do you think about electric bikes? Do you believe that the number of e-bike owners will continue growing steadily in the future?

Share your thoughts in the comments!
This giveaway applies to the United States and Canada.

WHAt is that impressive backdrop of stone and wood? just curious...

In April, BikeRide community members have a chance to win a Roadster V2 electric bike from Ride1UP. What do you think about electric bikes? Do you believe that the number of e-bike owners will continue growing steadily in the future?

Bikes are the future as much as they are our past
I think so. I think this will lead more people to bike commute.
Yes, electric bikes are the future for many bike riders! They are great exercise for everyone!
I don’t believe ebikes will replace all Viking but it is the innovation needed to expand cycling to a more diverse set of people.
Thumbs Up 
I believe they are, especially in urban areas where having a car is costly. However, similar to electric cars, a solid infrastructure needs to be in place (i.e. charging stations) to make electric bikes more feasible.
(04-02-2021, 05:35 PM)Nicholas Wrote:  Honestly, electric bikes aren't really for me personally. I like to get a good workout in when I bike so I just like to pedal!
But, for the general population they seem like a good idea, for people who normally drive or take a motorcycle, etc it would be a much more eco friendly, and healthier way to travel - getting a bit of exercise and fresh air.
Now, I bike all winter long as well, how would electric bikes hold up in the frigid winter

Honestly, electric bikes aren't really for me personally. I like to get a good workout in when I bike so I just like to pedal!
But, for the general population they seem like a good idea, for people who normally drive or take a motorcycle, etc it would be a much more eco friendly, and healthier way to travel - getting a bit of exercise and fresh air.
Now, I bike all winter long as well, how would electric bikes hold up in the frigid winter
I live in a town that has a lot of elevation change (ie 500m elevation difference between my house and my work). This makes journeys on bikes one way really easy and the other way very slow! Electric bikes will allow trips like this to be doable for everyone. They are definitely the future!!
How can ebikes not be a part of our future? And ETrikes!
I think electric bikes are totally the way to go in the future. My husband and I have one, we share it. We can ride for enjoyment but also to run a quick errand to the store. It is easier and more economical than driving a car. It's a nice quiet relaxing way to go short distances.
I think more people going to use it in the future

Yes electric bikes are here to stay. They allow more people to enjoy and utilize a bike.
For commuting perhaps, but I think regular bikes will still be more popular for the health benefits.
I very much do believe electric bikes should be a part of our future!! Especially living in a big city, it would be very helpful to own a great bike PERIOD!!!
Everything is heading in that direction. Seems like a great idea!

Possibly Related Threads...