Have questions or want to discuss cycling? Join Now or Sign In to participate in the BikeRide community.

New: Take Part in the Latest Giveaway coming soon

Are electric bikes the future?
I ride for exercise, so no ebike for me, can see the younger generation of slacker going hard for them.
No doubt! No pollution, ease of use, low cost ownership. Definitely catching on.
(04-02-2021, 05:35 PM)Nicholas Wrote:  Hello, bike riders!
What do you think about electric bikes? Do you believe that the number of e-bike owners will continue growing steadily in the future? Share your thoughts in the comments!

Well I love my eBike so maybe I'm biased but yes, I think the future is more people will be using them. I think the target market is older people, disabled, etc.
I think so- it gives you so much flexibility
The EV appeals to a certain crowd. It has its own demographic.

It's sketchy to call it the future and disconsider some people will always favor the manual drive.
What do you think about electric bikes? Do you believe that the number of e-bike owners will continue growing steadily in the future? Share your thoughts in the comments!

I believe so. With the soaring prices of owning and operating vehicles.
Ever since gas prices have been going up, electric is the way to go. I definitely see more people buying e-bike's in the future. I need to find a place to work close to me so I can just ride to work. That way I won't even need a car.
Yes, it's going to be more bikers in the future!
Yes, e-bikes are the future, and the future is now!
(04-05-2022, 12:46 AM)Michael Perkins Wrote:  I ride for exercise, so no ebike for me, can see the younger generation of slacker going hard for them.
Ahaha I fully agree. I'll upgrade for an e-bike when my legs won't support me anymore
yes definately
Yes! Fast and affordable for getting around town.
Yes and no; Yes It would be great to be able to get home or to your destination, if I run out of steam, and no when exercising I don't want the temptation to cut down my ride!
Thumbs Up 
Yes absolutely! I see more and more people riding electric bikes. I think they are great for people whom have disabilities and need that extra help.
I could see myself riding Beautiful Florida Beaches all day

I think the number will keep growing. cost efficiency is the factor
I think there is definitely a place for ebikes. They give enough of assist to make the future of all bikes more possible.
Thumbs Up 
I think more people are going to use electric bikes in the future, especially with more bike lanes in the city.
I agree they are the future for metropolitan areas (like chicago, new york, san francisco) and resort towns that have boardwalks and things relatively close together. Out in suburbia land with20-45 min commutes I just don't see it yet unless recreational on weekends.
E-Bikes are part of the future for recreation, and shorter (<10 mile) commutes and errands. However, battery technology still needs to improve along with technology to charge them. However, if prices of ICE fuel continues to rise, then these will become more viable. E-Bike manufacturers need to be more honest on their range ratings. I got a bike with a 30-60 mile range rating. Only way your going to get 60 miles range at a reasonable speed is having an Olympic class athlete pedal the thing. However, I get between 13 (throttle only) to 20 (pedal assist) miles of real world range on the TurboAnt that was featured a few months back. The lack of battery range has left me struggling to get home several times on a bum knee.

Prices of bikes and components also needs to come down along with reasonable performance/range to really make it popular.

Possibly Related Threads...