Have questions or want to discuss cycling? Join Now or Sign In to participate in the BikeRide community.

New: Take Part in the Latest Giveaway coming soon

Are electric bikes the future?
Yes, I love electric bikes! They're great for having fun, traveling and camping. I would love to have one!
Yes, especially for folks with knee issues.
Yes I definitely think more and more people will discover the wonderful world of ebikes!
I think it's a great way to let a greater number of people enjoy biking experiences. Great for people who may have formerly ridden regular bikes and have had injuries
(04-02-2021, 05:35 PM)Nicholas Wrote:  Hello, bike riders!
What do you think about electric bikes? Do you believe that the number of e-bike owners will continue growing steadily in the future? Share your thoughts in the comments!

I think as cars evolve so will all transport, whether it be from stean trains when I was a kid in the '60s changing to Deltics (Deisel Electric) to cards going electric and now bikes.

AS fossil fuels deplete we have to find new sources of power, now whether that be wind turbines or sunshine or electricity we are yet to fully figure our, but it is a good bet that Electric Bikes are going to be big in the not so distant future!!
They definitely are, I see more out there every day
Big Grin 
A novelty.
(04-02-2021, 05:45 PM)skeetersden Wrote:  I think so, it a great way to get around and get in some exercise at the same time. I think many drivers need to be re-educated about the rules of the rode though.

these are definitely growing in popularity.escpecilly with the older population
I love ebikes !! I feel that they're going to keep growing and over time more and more will continue to improve and evolve into a great thing. Its the best for commuting and everyday travel !!
Yes, eBikes will become more and more popular with many groups: Older people who will enjoy being able to return to cycling after having their ability to ride limited by aging; youngsters, teens, and young "adults" who want the joy of cycling without any of the work or exercise; and of course the fools who want to dash in and out of urban traffic. It's this last bunch who will cause more and more cities to try to regulate eBikes (mostly unsuccessfully because catching the worst offenders is too much work for modern urban police).
eBikes appeal to different people, but they aren't widely enough available for most people to have a chance to pick the right model for their needs.
Something needs to change before eBikes can take off with the public. Not enough people know enough to justify the price of a good eBike
Heck yes! e-bikes are so fun, and I love the extra boost you get, especially on hills!
Heart 
(04-02-2021, 05:35 PM)Nicholas Wrote:  Hello, bike riders!
What do you think about electric bikes? Do you believe that the number of e-bike owners will continue growing steadily in the future? Share your thoughts in the comments!

I think they are and I'm looking forward to buying one of your bikes soon
eBikes might get more popular but unless something changes I don't think they will be really common
Such a simple question and such a complicated answer. I suppose there are cities that could really cater to bike riders and have the future right in front of them. I live in a city where the bike riders are running the city transportation department and it is not working. It is april and the last snow storm of the winter happened this week. Meanwhile in downtown traffic many lanes are becoming bike lanes - except we have 6 months of winter weather so there is no point. So - are bikes the future? Probably some of the future.
Ebikes are fun, but a decent one costs a lot.
If gas prices stay high, eBikes might be the future of urban transportation, but not so much in the suburbs where everything is too far away or on the highway
I think so. Especially with battery technology improving.
I will provide Strava data using an ebike just to prove its unreliability.
Take care,
Jesper

"I am become Death, the destroyer of bicycles." NJS

Possibly Related Threads...