Have questions or want to discuss cycling? Join Now or Sign In to participate in the BikeRide community.

New: Take Part in the March Giveaway: Coming Soon

What are your best biking places in your city?
Hello, bike riders!
Let's share our favorite biking places in our own cities. It can be a loop around the local park, a mountain bike trail or simply your daily morning commute route.

• city & name of the place
  • why is it your favorite?

The best biking place in my town of West Orange, Nj would be the Eagle Rock Reservation, also in West Orange. It has endless trails and terrific views!
The best place in/around grand rapids is in and near the Frederick Meyer Gardens conservatory. The whole area is amazing (and smooth riding).
Pretty much anywhere here in AZ , summer aLL year long
(07-03-2021, 01:12 AM)bluesbreaker Wrote:  The best biking place in my town of West Orange, Nj would be the Eagle Rock Reservation, also in West Orange. It has endless trails and terrific views!

I drive pretty close by you on my way north; 78 east to 287 north to 87 north. W Orange cannot be much more than 20 miles away from I-287. I will do a break stop there next trip if the trails are passable on a road bike (my mtb is housed up north).

One my favorite road biking places when I can ride it is up Mt. Wachusett in Princeton/Westminster MA., and around the surrounding country roads. Elevation at just over 2000ft with about a 4 mile uphill climb if you start at the bottom (I do not). Very light traffic on the mountain (state park) and on the hilly local roads surrounding it. Just got back from there in early June. Wonderful wildflowers through the year and excellent foliage color change in the Fall. I also ride (road and gravel/mtb) around where there are bogs (some around the Mass Central Rail Trail/MCRT) to check out the interesting flora (carnivorous plants,etc.; caution ecologically sensitive areas). Bogs are cool (literally and figuratively); take off the shoes and soothe the feet on a floating mat of moss.

Photos: View from cliff above road (hard to climb with cleats!) about 3/4 up the mountain; wind mills on Stagecoach Hill to the left (bike is in there somewhere) and Bickford Pond on the right; I live above the lake. Pitcher plant leaf in bog. Wild iris flowers surrounding the bog. Pitcher plant flower tops and bottoms in bog. MCRT gorge sections near Rutland MA. Rare blue lady slipper flowers. "Gold" fish in the tarn at the mountain summit.

Attached Files Image(s)

Ride Fast, Be Safe!
Howard
Northern Minnesota
The Wissahickon woods.!
Near Galveston's Beach. Always relaxing
There's a B2B trail here in Ann Arbor that's killer ( https://www.washtenaw.org/334/Border-to-Border-Trail )
(07-02-2021, 02:37 PM)Nicholas Wrote:  Hello, bike riders!
Let's share our favorite biking places in our own cities. It can be a loop around the local park, a mountain bike trail or simply your daily morning commute route.

Iride a few routes in the area I'm staying in now. One I've been using since High School that's got an exact 2.5 mile loop.
Saginaw, mi, Twp
[*]why is it your favorite? inside a low-traffic neighborhood.
[/list]
Thumbs Up 
Clive Greenbelt bike trail
One of our best places to ride is the Solon, Ohio metro parks. It is cool, there's waterfall's, running creek that goes on and on, workout stop's along the way, plenty of places to get off and have a snack or lunch, turn on some tunes, even get a tan. It is very fun and fulfilling..
In East Greenbush, NY, we normally go riding in our housing development which is a mile long stretch of road. There is also a great walking/riding path that stretches through town.
The bike trails following the Minnesota River is awesome.
We have an excellent bike path at our town park in East Greenbush where we go every weekend in the summer and fall.
Charles River loop in Boston, MA
We have a great mission here in my hometown of Lompoc, California. It's called La Purmisima and to get to the bike trail, park in the parking lot and walk to the back. You have to walk past the animal corrals but it's easy to find. Its half paved, and half unpaved. It's beautiful, and quiet. It's about a 3 mile loop.

Attached Files Image(s)

Austin, TX. Zilker Park.
It has great biking trails and bridges over water.
My favorite bike trail in Springfield, Missouri is the Dirt 66: Fellows Lake Trail. It is my favorite because of all the natural beauty along the trail.
I live in bellefonte pa area. There are a few goodish climbs. Purdue mountain and julian up to black moshannon are good.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post

11-11-2020, 07:15 PM
Last Post: Renastar