Have questions or want to discuss cycling? Join Now or Sign In to participate in the BikeRide community.

New: Take Part in the Latest Giveaway coming soon

What are your best biking places in your city?
The best place in Cumming, GA is the Greenway trail
Markham Park Mountain Bike Trails in Sunrise, FL. It has a series of rugged trails with different difficulty levels. I always have a blast when I go there.
Live and ride in Las Vegas, NV.

Have ridden many miles in this area, right now it can be 90°F+ degrees @ Sunrise, and I ride short ones to avoid the 100°F (37.78°C) warmth. Haven't ridden in a week because of the Sunrise Temperatures, but have been cleaning and polishing my bicycles.

1, UNLV to Carl's donut shop ride 12 miles (when it is hot at Sunrise)
2. UNLV to sunset regional park and return 20 miles (when in low 80ties @ Sunrise)
3. River Mountain Loop, Henderson. 34.4 miles (inside the national park you can include the Hoover Dam descent and for more climbing elevation)
4. Redrock ride from the south: Blue Diamond to Foothill's Dunkin' and return 36 miles (Has several high speed pavement downhills, area has amazing scenery)
5. Redrock Canyon Loop tis a one way loop 14 miles (good climbs, amazing views was my included on my first 60 mile ride event)
Living here in Virginia Beach, we have many ideal biking options. My favorite is First Landing State Park because it has 20 miles of trails, both dirt and sandy.

[/quote]
Harrisonburg, VA -- I enjoy pulling the kids around town in a train with a trail-a-bike + burley trailer, patching together our spotty bike paths with a ride through James Madison University, through the Arboretum and to the Dream Come True playground, then back and stopping for a smoothie at Pulp & Shenandoah Bicycle Company.
Galveston, along the seawall!
The Bicentennial Trail in Portage, Michigan, is my favorite biking place.
Banks-Vernonia Trail in Oregon. Miles of old railway converted to bike path make this a great trail to ride.
I live in St. Petersburg, FL, and one of the things I love most about it here is how bike-friendly it is. It would be impossible for me to choose my favorite place to ride my bike, but one of them is the Pinellas Trail, which is a 75-mile trail network that actually runs from Gulfport to Tarpon Springs. I also love to ride from downtown St. Petersburg to the Gulf beaches where you can ride on bicycle designated lanes along several routes. Perfect!
Aldridge Creek Greenway in Huntsville is a popular path for biking.
In Murray Utah, a suburb of Salt Lake City we have the Jordan River Parkway. 40 miles of paved flat easy riding. Winding through neighborhoods you bike right along the river which allows for some bird watching if you feel like taking a break. It’s part of many birds migration path so you can see a wide variety of birds.
I live in Princeton, WV. I like to go to the local parks or trails to ride but my favorite place is Pipestem Resort State Park and it's about 20 minutes away from where I live in Pipestem, WV. They have lots of trails that, are dirt and also paved that I love to ride on. You can see all kinds of wild life and also the beautiful forest.
There's a cool mountain biking trail in Louisville at E.P. Tom Sawyer State Park. It's right down the street from me and has some nice challenges.
Louisville's Mayor Fischer is often called Mayor Bikelane for his strong support of a plan for a bike lane looping almost the entire perimeter of the county -- most of the route even exists, and parts of it are even pretty good, other parts not so great. Most of the route consists of simply designated shared access to the right edge of regular city streets (yes, exactly the same places we have a legal right to ride anyway). At best, those stretches of the route simply have a few signs reminding motorists to share the road with cyclists (something they are already supposed to know -- and something they rarely actually do).

https://louisvilleky.gov/government/bike-louisville

The parts of the route that aren't just regular city streets are generally shared with pedestrians, although that is less of a problem because almost no one walks anywhere in Louisville.
So many trails and you can ride all around the lake. So beautiful!
I like to ride in Jefferson county, CO, they have pretty good bike lanes and side streets are pretty quiet.
I live out on the back side of nowhere -- when your street is a small track running of "Wilderness Way" (which deserves its name), you get the idea.

There are no bike lanes or anything out here, but the back roads don't have too much traffic
Here in the very southwest corner of "Louisville Metro" Lower River Road is OK if you don't mind being passed by traffic doing 70 on a "50 MPH" road. Once you get to the bike path you're away from traffic and only have to dodge occasional pedestrians.
I LIVE IN CAMDEN COUNTY NEW JERSEY AND THERE IS A DEDICATED BIKE TRAIL THAT RUNS THROUGH THE ENTIRE COUNTY. QUITE IMPRESSIVE TO SAY THE LEAST.
Definitely here in Niles Michigan, there is actually an awesome bike path that goes all the way to South Bend Indiana and it’s got wonderful views of the Saint Joseph River. it’s just awesome

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post

11-11-2020, 07:15 PM
Last Post: Renastar