Have questions or want to discuss cycling? Join Now or Sign In to participate in the BikeRide community.

New: Take Part in the March Giveaway: Coming Soon 3/24

Need help identifying this frame.
    Hello, I'm new here. I am trying to identify this bike frame. I've had the bike since 2013, I bought it at a new and used bike shop in San Jose, CA. The only marking or identifying feature on the bike is the forks which are Kona Project Two, the frame number is barely identifiable but begins with H4A

Thank you for any help or assistance in finding out.

Whiskey
(06-29-2022, 05:31 PM)Whiskey Rider Wrote:  Hello, I'm new here. I am trying to identify this bike frame. I've had the bike since 2013, I bought it at a new and used bike shop in San Jose, CA. The only marking or identifying feature on the bike is the forks which are Kona Project Two, the frame number is barely identifiable but begins with H4A

Thank you for any help or assistance in finding out.

Whiskey

If you believe it to be an original Kona frame then I would contact Kona and ask them to ID it for you. They probably would already know the year and model just from the limited images and serial number data you provided.
If you plan on repainting it then you can scrap away excess paint at the serial # to obtain the entire # for better identification. As the previous comment stated, and with the entire number, the manufacturer should be able to pinpoint model and year.
Given the disc brakes, it should be a fairly recent model (10 years or so).
I don't know enough about those bikes to even tell you if the Kona Project Two is a model # or just a fork style that Kona used. Does the fork paint exactly match the frame paint?
Take care,
Jesper

"I am become Death, the destroyer of bicycles." NJS

Possibly Related Threads...