Have questions or want to discuss cycling? Join Now or Sign In to participate in the BikeRide community.

New: Take Part in the Latest Giveaway coming soon

What was your first bicycle?
Hello, bike riders!
In October, let's look back at some good old biking memories.

What is the story of your first bicycle? If you have a photo of it, feel free to share!

My first bike was a trike when I was 2; however, I don't remember much of that. However, when I was in elementary school my dad got me a bike with a banana seat with 20" tires and a single speed, but I rode it everywhere, went on many adventures to local parks and riding through the neighborhood -- I have fond memories of it.
My first new bike was a huffy. i got it for x-mas an i remember having to wait to ride it and at the time i thought it was a waste, but once i got on it i never got rid of it. it will be my sons soon when he learns to ride
My first bicycle was a pale blue Schwinn
First bike was a BMX, had fun riding with them with friends running around town and near by cities!

(10-06-2021, 10:51 AM)Nicholas Wrote:  Hello, bike riders!
In October, let's look back at some good old biking memories.

What is the story of your first bicycle? If you have a photo of it, feel free to share!
Shocked 
My dad went to a local bar and played a pin ball machine and won $150 I was 6 yrs old and remember this because it was my birthday.He came home with a blue bike that had a basket on the front I was one happy little girl,he taught me to ride on my 6tg birthday and after I was done we out it in the apartment building shed with the other kids bikes. Next day I woke up,ran to that shed and yes my bike I just got was GONE We was not rich but my mom and dad did whatever they could to get the bills pd and make me happy..I was never a picky girl but cried for mths,my parents could not afford another bike and where so upset and I never had one since...time flew and before I new it I was a teen driving.and jow 43 I been trying to find a cheap used bike and that I have not found This giveaway would make my day.
Didn't have my own bicycle as a child but learned on all my friends' bikes and loved it. Got my very own first bicycle when I was 26, then another new one years later to bike ride with my sons and still periodically go bike riding, its such a great feeling!
My first bike was a hand me down from my sister. I don't remember what kind it was, however, it had a banana seat (that much I do remember... LOL). I remember I used our clothesline to keep myself upright and steady. Then finally my dad gave me a push and off I went and never looked back I just kept riding until I had to go inside. I love riding bikes and at this time I don't have one due to the fact it was stolen, but I am looking at getting a new one.
My first bike was a Giant city commute bike, I ride it to work everyday since my first work is not far from where I live.
Left to my friend when I left that city. Big Grin
SOUKE-WHERE CYCLING GEAR MEETS FASHION
Official Site: http://www.souke-sports.com
Email: info@souke-sports.com
15% OFF COUPON: BIKERIDE15
Looking for TESTERS, Check Details Here!!
My first bike was a 3-speed Raleigh that I found along the roadside in my neighborhood that I repainted and reconditioned.
It was so long ago, but I remember is being a purple huffy with a basket and a bell.
Big Grin 
My first bike had fat blue tires, banana seat and a back rest. Later I went an bought a 6 foot pole yellow flag that got attached to the rear wheel. Big Grin
My first bike was an used one my dad bought off somebody that was being transferred. I remember it didn't take me long to learn how to ride it and I quickly became hot stuff when I mastered the skill of riding with 'no hands!'
A blue Schwinn banana seat bike, miss it terribley
Goodness, I absolutely don't remember my first bike. Now, my 2nd bike was a Schwinn 10-speed that was stolen because sometimes, people suck.
I remember I got my first 10 speed bicycle for my 13th birthday. I would never be able to tell you the name brand as that was something I never paid any attention to as a kid. It was $63 - the same price as Super Mario 3, which I also had purchased that year after saving up all of my babysitting money. I had no idea that bicycles could cost so much money - so I vowed I would take good care of it and always use my kickstand. All of the other cool kids in the neighborhood already had one, while I was still riding my banana seat bicycle. So this was my ticket to finally be cool as well. It was black with hot pink drop handlebars. There was rarely a day I was not on my bicycle. All four of my grandparents lived within a mile or 2 of me. Previously, I had always walked to their home - but with my new 10 speed bicycle I was there in minutes. I was such a hotshot. I can't find any photos of me on my 10-speed, however this was my trusty banana seat bicycle I traded in when I got my 10-speed.

Attached Files Image(s)

I got my first bike when I was 9 years old. It was a used 26in" girls bike and I couldn't sit on the seat I had to stand up to ride it.
My first one was a pink bike with training wheels
My first bike was a tricycle. It was pretty and where.
my first one was pink and purple