Have questions or want to discuss cycling? Join Now or Sign In to participate in the BikeRide community.

New: Take Part in the August Giveaway to Win the SAVA Aurora V3.0 Carbon Road Bike

Bianchi Oltre Pro Garmin Mount
I am wondering if anyone can help me with the garmin mount that came with my recently purchased Bianchi Oltre Pro.

I was on a ride descending and the mount flew off, landing in the middle of the road with my garmin head unit. Luckily the head unit still works with a few minor scratches and cracks.
From the picture you can see that it was not that the screws came loose, it was in fact the part of the mount that secures it from the inside of the stem has cracked.

I have contacted bianchi hoping i can get a replacement under warranty as this is a bianchi supplied component, however in the instant that bianchi decline to replace, i am wondering if anyone has purchased this mount from anywhere else, as I am struggling to find this weird unique mount anywhere online.

Thank you,

Attached Files Image(s)

All I can say is, if it broke once it will break again and you may not get that lucky next time. does it attach like a camera with a screw in a plate?

will something like this work? much stronger

Attached Files Image(s)

There are two kinds of people in the world, "Those who help themselves to people, and those who help people!"
Hi,

It attaches through the hole in the stem, as shown on the image below. The mount is perfectly shaped to fit within the hole. I'm abit worried about ordering another mount as , obviously another mount would not be made specifically for the gap shown in the stem.

The guys in the current TDF are riding this so there must be a solution, or maybe it was just a faulty mount i received, as it was already attached to the bike when purchased.

I will have a look into that solution you have mentioned, thank you.

(07-15-2024, 10:22 AM)ScottB Wrote:  Hi,

It attaches through the hole in the stem, as shown on the image below. The mount is perfectly shaped to fit within the hole. I'm abit worried about ordering another mount as , obviously another mount would not be made specifically for the gap shown in the stem.

The guys in the current TDF are riding this so there must be a solution, or maybe it was just a faulty mount i received, as it was already attached to the bike when purchased.

I will have a look into that solution you have mentioned, thank you.
looks pretty specific, with those bars makes that a tough one. Pretty sad design to hold any kind of weight on a bike that that probably costs thousands
There are two kinds of people in the world, "Those who help themselves to people, and those who help people!"

Possibly Related Threads...