Have questions or want to discuss cycling? Join Now or Sign In to participate in the BikeRide community.

New: Take Part in the March Giveaway: Coming Soon 3/24

Got some tools in the mail today!
(03-19-2010, 08:19 PM)Bill Wrote:  So you didn't crap all over my tool. If you did you would have to clean it off.

Good one Bill. I had the same TM-1 for a couple years before my brother brought over the FSA when we built his wheels. I guess we did ok, because he hasn't said a word about the wheels or the tension meter since.

If he had never brought it over I'd probably still be using the Park today.
Dedicated scholar of bicycles
Ok I got some tools in the mail today! Pictures not in the order listed...
Park CLG-1 (chain alignment guide)
Park HHP-1 headset press (had the HHP-3 wanted better one)
Park CT-2 Plier Type Chain Tool
Park TNS-1 (Starnut setter)
Park Older AV-1 Axle Vise
Shimano Derailler Hanger Alignment tool (NICE)
CC-1 Chain Checker (Predecessor to the CC-2)
Park SG-6 threadless fork cutting guide
Park Frame and Fork End Alignment Gauge Set
HG Chain breaker
Good maintenance to your Bike, can make it like the wheels are, true and smooth!
My oh my Bill...You've gone Park crazy!Big Grin

Question: Does the star nut setter work with 1.5" steerer tubes?
(04-09-2010, 08:01 PM)jr14 Wrote:  My oh my Bill...You've gone Park crazy!Big Grin

Question: Does the star nut setter work with 1.5" steerer tubes?

Hehe yeah just a little, as far as the 1.5" I am not sure here is an article that I started to read haven't got to the end but you can read too.

http://www.parktool.com/repair/readhowto.asp?id=67
Good maintenance to your Bike, can make it like the wheels are, true and smooth!
Dang...Just read the description on Park's site...It only does 1" and 1 1/8" steerers...Too bad... I got a bunch of folks with 1.5" steerers...Looks like its the good old deep socket method for me...Big Grin
(04-09-2010, 11:22 PM)jr14 Wrote:  Dang...Just read the description on Park's site...It only does 1" and 1 1/8" steerers...Too bad... I got a bunch of folks with 1.5" steerers...Looks like its the good old deep socket method for me...Big Grin

Actually here ya go the TNS-15 designed specifically for the 1.5 ....
http://www.parktool.com/products/detail.asp?cat=51&item=TNS-15

Good article though
(04-09-2010, 11:36 PM)Bill Wrote:  
(04-09-2010, 11:22 PM)jr14 Wrote:  Dang...Just read the description on Park's site...It only does 1" and 1 1/8" steerers...Too bad... I got a bunch of folks with 1.5" steerers...Looks like its the good old deep socket method for me...Big Grin

Good article though

I think its kinda BS that Park makes 2 separate tools when they could make one. I guess they have to make their money somehow. Oh wait, they DO make a tool for all steerer tube sizes.

http://www.parktool.com/images/products/productimages/spr_HMR-2_001_200722_44414.jpg
(04-10-2010, 06:30 AM)jr14 Wrote:  
(04-09-2010, 11:36 PM)Bill Wrote:  

Good article though

I think its kinda BS that Park makes 2 separate tools when they could make one. I guess they have to make their money somehow. Oh wait, they DO make a tool for all steerer tube sizes.

http://www.parktool.com/images/products/productimages/spr_HMR-2_001_200722_44414.jpg

Hahahahaha! Guess you would be right on that. Serious though if they made one with two different adapters would be really cool, we ought to write them as a wishlist thingy. Maybe good ole Calvin will put something together Big Grin .
Just got some new cable cutters today. They are so NICE!! oh thank god I don't have to cut one more cable with regular wire cutters. I got the PARK CN-10's. I cut a small section of cable up several times just for fun, it works fantastic.
Jordan are those the CN-10? If so do they cut equally well?
Yeah they are the CN-10. Bill they work great. It's one of those things where you can't imagine how you did it before. I used to use plain old wire snips. They cut cables and housings like butter. It's similar to the first time I was able to work with my bike stand, finally getting those bikes up off the floor.
I recently picked up a fairly cheap pair from Parkers: http://www.parkersofbolton.co.uk/p-705-parkers-cable-cutters-snips.aspx. Other than the colour of the handles and the logos, they look identical to those branded as Pedro's and a few others costing considerably more. I've used them a few times and cutting cable inners and outers is virtually effortless and they leave really clean, tidy ends.
Sweet to know! I may get a pair cos the ones I have now are used and they are showing it! So make a long story short looks like I need a new tool. Thanks for sharing.
I got some awesome new tools in the past few days. I got the HHP-3 headset press. I also got the TS-8 truing stand. Oh I also got the BBT-9 for my new bottom bracket.
Awesome addition, you won't go wrong with the HHP-3 because it does have a smooth and quite even compression for the cups. It works pretty good on the bottom bracket too Smile . Now for the TS-8 hehe that's a very sweet investment, trying to think if it has the option for the gauges? At any rate awesome. Building up a great collection of tools congrats.
Thanks, I'm able to do more and more repairs myself. I can pretty much do all major repairs myself now aside from refacing, welding, straightening frames.
Check this out. I just got the MLP-1's I needed these so bad yesterday that I had to pick some up this afternoon.
(09-18-2010, 05:29 PM)Jordan300 Wrote:  Check this out. I just got the MLP-1's I needed these so bad yesterday that I had to pick some up this afternoon.

Hey Jordan where did you get the MLP-1 from ?

Remember it's mind over matter
if you don't mind it doesn't matter

Ride more drive less
I got it from my LBS, it was only $1 more than in eBay. It was an impulse buy. usually I order most of my tools
(09-19-2010, 05:14 PM)Jordan300 Wrote:  I got it from my LBS, it was only $1 more than in eBay. It was an impulse buy. usually I order most of my tools

Thanks

Remember it's mind over matter
if you don't mind it doesn't matter

Ride more drive less

Possibly Related Threads...