Have questions or want to discuss cycling? Join Now or Sign In to participate in the BikeRide community.

New: Take Part in the March Giveaway: Coming Soon 3/24

5 1/2 rear shock replacement
I destroyed the Cane Creek AD-4 rear shock on my bike. Can't find repair/replacement anywhere. Any idea where/how I can get bike back on trail? The size is 5 1/2 inch between mounts.
(04-25-2011, 10:32 AM)Kikakeith Wrote:  I destroyed the Cane Creek AD-4 rear shock on my bike. Can't find repair/replacement anywhere. Any idea where/how I can get bike back on trail? The size is 5 1/2 inch between mounts.

Try calling Cane Creek and seeing if they offer replacement? It may be under a warranty or something and you may get a replacement for it!
http://canecreek.com/tech-suspension?view=db-warranty shows some information. However I would still call them and find out if the AD5 or higher number will work so you can see about getting a replacement shock.
Good maintenance to your Bike, can make it like the wheels are, true and smooth!
I'd go with what Bill's saying.

5.5in makes it a 140mm eye-to-eye shock, I don't know ANYONE who makes one that size, the smallest I've seen is a 190mm.

I have a feeling that part is an OEM shock, and you can't get one aftermarket as a spare, but call Cane Creek and see what they say. They *might* have a more flash model to buy, but to be honest all that matters is the eye-to-eye length and the shock stroke. The shock stroke is how much it compresses by when it bottoms out, and is *normally* standard for an eye-to-eye length (unless it's a shock designed specifically for that frame). I don't see any reason why you couldn't use a more flash model if that's all you can find.

[Image: shock_i2i_000.jpg]
(04-25-2011, 02:52 PM)Bill Wrote:  
(04-25-2011, 10:32 AM)Kikakeith Wrote:  I destroyed the Cane Creek AD-4 rear shock on my bike. Can't find repair/replacement anywhere. Any idea where/how I can get bike back on trail? The size is 5 1/2 inch between mounts.

Try calling Cane Creek and seeing if they offer replacement? It may be under a warranty or something and you may get a replacement for it!
http://canecreek.com/tech-suspension?view=db-warranty shows some information. However I would still call them and find out if the AD5 or higher number will work so you can see about getting a replacement shock.

Bill,
I have the same problem for the Fuji Diamond. Cane Creek says $375. We are going to keep looking on eBay over the winter unless someone has a better idea.

Possibly Related Threads...