Have questions or want to discuss cycling? Join Now or Sign In to participate in the BikeRide community.

New: Take Part in the Latest Giveaway coming soon

3rd Hand Brake Tool (Instructional Video)
Hello everyone this video is on 3rd hand brake tools. It's purpose is to show that these type of tools are a nice alternative to 4th hand brake tools. I may make mistakes so it is fine to laugh Smile .

<embed src="http://blip.tv/play/haIigdDseQA" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="500" height="500" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed>
Good maintenance to your Bike, can make it like the wheels are, true and smooth!
thanks for the video is awesome Bill
Well done Bill Smile
Way to go Bill now for the Park brake you don't need that one at all so if you will please send it to me lol.
Thats the one tool I have been wanting here but I have not found where to buy one at and no park tool does not list it any more :-(
And no I want go to ebay I have got burn one time and thats all it took for me. Any ideas where I may could get one online? Thought you did a good video for us all. You did give me some ideas on how to make one so when I get a little time I'll have to go out to my little shop and have at it.
My dad always told me a Sledge a matic can fix any thing.
Thank you tino and Alex. Surly I am not positive they stock these online other then ebay. You may find another website that does. As far as the other ones I am pretty sure they are becoming rare as the 4th hand Park BT-2 has replaced them. If one is really in a bind they could use a shoestring, big rubber band, or the sort the idea is to keep the caliper in a state held up against the wheel wall . The string method works with "almost" all type of brakes.
Good maintenance to your Bike, can make it like the wheels are, true and smooth!
Hey nice video. I need to learn how to do that.

Not sure why but a basic c-clamp available for a few bucks at any hardware store would do the job. I got them in several sizes for many applications. I just use my fingers. Have band aids will travel. :-))
Never Give Up!!!

Possibly Related Threads...