Have questions or want to discuss cycling? Join Now or Sign In to participate in the BikeRide community.

New: Take Part in the Latest Giveaway coming soon

The brake has snapped off bike
Hello today whilst riding my bike i lost concentration (stupid i know) im only am amateur though :/ anyways i hit a wall with the right side of the bike and my right which is the front brake snapped off. The brake still works i was wondering is this repairable or will i have to use black tape and connect the brake handle back on to the handle of thr bike? I only just bought the bike a week ago from halfords its a mountain bike and really cheap. Any help would be appreciated.
Taping something as critical as a brake part is dangerous. It appears that it's the brake LEVER that you broke. We need to see the broken part (as in a clear photo) to be able to determine what can be done.
(10-14-2014, 07:08 AM)cny-man Wrote:  Taping something as critical as a brake part is dangerous. It appears that it's the brake LEVER that you broke. We need to see the broken part (as in a clear photo) to be able to determine what can be done.
Unless youcan find a shop or bike co-op that has a compatible used brake lever you will have to purchase a new lever, which will require moving over the brake cable and readjustment of the brake.

Possibly Related Threads...