Have questions or want to discuss cycling? Join Now or Sign In to participate in the BikeRide community.

New: Take Part in the March Giveaway: Coming Soon

What is your dream cycling destination?
Hello, bike riders!
In November, let's share our personal cycling desires.
If you could ride anywhere in the world, where would it be? What is your most desired cycling destination? Is it a specific mountain route? Is it an event?

I will share mine - it's Mt. Ventoux!
I would love to do this legendary climb on my road bike and taste a tiny piece of what professional cyclists feel at Tour de France.

i would love to ride down a1a in florida
I want to cycle in Yellowstone
I would love to ride on Highway 1 along the California Coast --- as long as they no longer allowed cars!!
The route and trails around mnt Vernon near where I grew up in New Jersey - I only knew it from skiing in the winter but I know there is biking there.
Mt Helena Ridge Mountain Bike Trail
I would love to cycle the Upper Peninsula of Michigan
Some of Grand Canyon's epic bike trails!
I'd love to travel around the Oregon wine loop.
Loire Valley, France
I would love to ride the bike trails inthe Texas Hill Country.....
Dream Destination would just have to be the different State Parks in Wisconsin

(11-02-2021, 02:22 PM)Nicholas Wrote:  Hello, bike riders!
In November, let's share our personal cycling desires.
What is your most desired cycling destination? Is it a specific mountain route? Is it an event?

I will share mine - it's Mt. Ventoux!
I would love to do this legendary climb on my road bike and taste a tiny piece of what professional cyclists feel at Tour de France.
I would like to ride my bike along the Katy Trail in Missouri
NA PALI COAST, KAUAII
The lake front
Atlantic Beach, NC
I would love to ride the Black Canyon Trail in Arizona for the beautiful scenery.
Big Sur would be amazing!
Of the many places in the world that pull me away on regular biking daydreams, the country of Wales has to be the one place that is never far way - at least in memory. Although I now live in Southern California, I grew up in one of the folds of the Welsh mountains, and to go anywhere else it was a low gear haul up and over to the world beyond, where the downhill thrill was the reward amongst the wooded hillsides, and the coming adventure always worth throbbing thighs. After many miles of cycling, passing a patchwork of lonely cottages and lonelier sheep, unloading panniers and camping on the lawns outside friendly pubs, or even setting up tent inside ancient castles that clung to ragged cliffs, was a sublime joy. In the morning, eating a bacon sandwich while watching the foxes play in the ferny glens below the castle walls was my breakfast, and the days continued with the only worry being the occasional puncture.
I am not nearly as fit as I was, but my dream is in returning to my homeland and, now perhaps on an e-bike, riding the valley roads once again. This daydream sustains me through more urban day to day of life in Los Angeles.
Big Grin 
My dream destination would have to be Boulder, CO. I went on a trip there with my mom when I was 16 and there are so many beautiful sights. To be able to go back and explore with my husband would be a dream! He’s an avid bike rider and loves nature! My birthday is coming up on the 20th! This would be an awesome gift! 😎🤩