Have questions or want to discuss cycling? Join Now or Sign In to participate in the BikeRide community.

New: Take Part in the March Giveaway: Coming Soon 3/24

What is your dream cycling destination?
hawaii
(11-02-2021, 02:22 PM)Nicholas Wrote:  Hello, bike riders!
In November, let's share our personal cycling desires.
What is your most desired cycling destination? Is it a specific mountain route? Is it an event?

I will share mine - it's Mt. Ventoux!
I would love to do this legendary climb on my road bike and taste a tiny piece of what professional cyclists feel at Tour de France.

hawaii
Oh man, it's Furka Pass in Switzerland!
"Carbon is faster"
New Zealand. The North Island. Oh yes.
Paris! I love hearing how the current mayor plans to transform the city into a bike-friendly paradise!
Big Grin 
Always wanted to ride around Key West.
Colorado
My dream cycling destination is St John U.S.V.I.
Spending a few days on the Chesapeake and Ohio Canal trails
Anywhere in Australia!
Banff, Alberta looks so beautiful, I think it could be better appreciated on bike than by motor vehicle.
Acadia National park , would be a nice ride
The beautiful Land Between the Lakes in Kentucky. It was a favorite fishing destination of our family when I was a child.
The British Isles. I have watched rides through the country side there and it looks to be very peaceful and low traffic volume.

My wife road Hiway 1 from Oregon to San Francisco. Said it was beautiful, but dangerous as she approached the cities on the route. I have driven it on a motorcycle. Unfortunately it is so curvy that attention had to be paid to the road and the scenery slipped by unnoticed.
(11-02-2021, 02:22 PM)Nicholas Wrote:  Hello, bike riders!
In November, let's share our personal cycling desires.
If you could ride anywhere in the world, where would it be? What is your most desired cycling destination? Is it a specific mountain route? Is it an event?

I will share mine - it's Mt. Ventoux!
I would love to do this legendary climb on my road bike and taste a tiny piece of what professional cyclists feel at Tour de France.
I'd like to ride down that volcano in Hawaii but since I've driven and seen it, it seems a bit dangerous for me.
I have so many dream cycling destinations. If I were to pick one it would be the fjordlands of Norway from Skjolden to Bergen. My ancestors are all from Norway and I have had a lifelong dream to travel there and see the lands of my ancestors. What better way to discover and immerse yourself in a country than on bicycle?!
I would love to bike around the Blue Ridge Mountains! Looks so beautiful and peaceful!
I think it would be fun to ride the entire length of the Great Wall of China, but I doubt that is possible. Maybe the surface of the interior section of the wall would be level enough to allow that, but I suspect it would tear up my bike. Aside from that, I would like to cover every square inch of trail in Utah.
I would love to ride in the Black Hills
To bike along the green coast of Ireland is a dream.