Have questions or want to discuss cycling? Join Now or Sign In to participate in the BikeRide community.

New: Take Part in the Latest Giveaway coming soon

What do you like about gravel bikes?
My favorite overall attribute of the gravel bike is the ability to seamlessly transition from an urban terrain to a rural terrain without worrying about destroying the bike in the process. The thick tires of the gravel bike give me confidence when riding in an urban environment that I am not going to destroy my rim if I am forced to go off of a high curb. A traditional mountain bike, when used as a commuter, can handle both terrains relatively well, but the smaller tires always make me cringe if I have to drop off of something more than an inch or two high. I think that goes back to when I was a kid and I would bend up my rims on my Walmart bike, but that fear has always stayed with me. As much as i try to avoid hopping off of curbs, any urban commuter knows that it is inevitable that your rims will take a beating from those city drops that may come unexpectedly.
looks better than the bike I have now
What I like about gravel bikes is their capability onroad and off-road..
I like that you can switch the tire to fit much larger wheels and tires. Gives me improved grip & comfort on the bumpiest of tracks.
I like the stability of these bikes on gravel
feeling you can go anywhere
I like the styling and color. Also the versatility.
I like the go anywhere nature of the bikes. They aren't as all terrain as a mountain bike, or as swift as a road bike on tarmac, but they are a pretty great compromise to get you off the beaten track. I've often been on a road bike, and been unable to really explore an interesting looking trail, but on a gravel bike you can do so.
Love the Power and grind as the tires push through the dirt and gravel.
I have not owned a gravel bike but I would love to make a change from my road bike.
I am not the biggest gravel bike fan. I feel like they are bad mountain bikes and bad road bikes. But my opinion is in part due to where I live. We do not have many gravel roads. The trails are more suited to proper mountain biking. In the right location, I like that gravel bikes can be a quiver-killer. If you want to ride various terrains in one ride and do it fairly quickly, a gravel bike is awesome! They are also great for people who can only afford or only want a single bike.
It's an adventure!
Focus Mares AL 105
Big Grin 
What I like about gravel bikes is their ability to ride smoothly and comfortably. I like that I am free to explore and not limited to plain trails. They offer me experience and adventure.
They look comfortable to ride on.
I don't ride the gravel bikes
I love the versatility - I used to love both mountain biking and road biking but wanted a middle ground ...gravel bikes give you that!
That they are very nice!
Able to ride in the winter.
I love the range of trails i am able to ride.
Heart 
I like that I can ride on the road, or on gravel. We have a wonderful gravel pathway, along the Arkansas River, that runs through the city where I live. It’s perfect for a gravel bike, but with a gravel bike, I can ride on blacktop also. It’s very versatile! And, it looks awesome too. Very handsome bike!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post

04-10-2024, 03:11 AM
Last Post: GirishH

04-08-2024, 02:35 PM
Last Post: Amanda_W

02-12-2024, 05:04 PM
Last Post: Beth Mason