Have questions or want to discuss cycling? Join Now or Sign In to participate in the BikeRide community.

New: Take Part in the Latest Giveaway coming soon

How much do you bike per year?
I am lucky to get 30 miles a week because of work obligations, but i enjoy every minute of it.
I'm usually at around 100 miles a week - give or take. Some weeks are more some weeks are less miles depending on the weather, my health and how much I have going on in a given week. During the winter I get in less miles than other months....although I would like to change that and get the right gear for snow and ice.
(08-29-2019, 05:47 PM)Nikko Wrote:  Does not matter if it's training or commuting, or touring. Some people bike every day back and forth to work & can gather easy 100+ miles on weekly basis, which makes more than 5000 miles per year. How much do you ride?

Not enough!
Last year I rode just over 1600 miles. Aiming for 2000 this year.
I typically try to commute at least three days a week
Not enough! Trying to get back into it and get others to join me. Tough when it's wet and cold outside and you've got winter inertia to overcome!
I bike at least 3 times a week. Weather permitting.
(08-29-2019, 05:47 PM)Nikko Wrote:  Does not matter if it's training or commuting, or touring. Some people bike every day back and forth to work & can gather easy 100+ miles on weekly basis, which makes more than 5000 miles per year. How much do you ride?

Not nearly enough lol I am making it a goal this year to bike more once the weather warms up. In the meantime, I bought an exercise bike to use.
I ride seasonally - Spring through Autumn - as weather allows. I'm older now & like it for exercise. My best weeks are ~100 miles.

I've not tracked it precisely but will use the Fitbit or UA apps just for fun. Too bad these were not available during my youth. I loved long bike rides then.
2021, 2500 miles. I think that's not bad for Wyoming weather and my age of 77.
I bike with my son in the summer. We live in Wisconsin so wi ters can get a little cold for biking.
3000 per year
I am not sure but easily 2000 miles a year
I rarely ride now (maybe once a month.)
In 2021 I did approx 1,073 miles.

In 2020 I did approx 1,152 miles.

It's amazing how some people double my miles.

I have nothing better to do and cycling is my only means of transportation.
It doesn't matter how much you ride in every year.Because every people ride it for different purpose. Its important to have a good quality bicycle.If you want good quality bicycles visit the India's largest supplies.

Since I moved to the desert, we haven't ridden much. It's hot, plus where we live out in the county, the roads are often unpaved and are a tire killer. Most of all, we need to get motivated again.
Solid numbers here in the comments! I've covered 800-1200 in the recent years. Used to and would love to ride more but maybe it will happen in 2023 & onwards.
Since 2019, I have moved from the mountains to my home country/town. As a result, there are more commute rides to work and more fun rides which can mean more than 40km or 50km though. However, I also do far, far less road training or uphill MTB rides, unfortunately.

Overall, a few days ago I calculated that I will gather 2700km of home-work-home commute having to cover 17km both ways. I would then add 500km of fun tour rides and races, which sums to 3200km ... basically, 2000 miles.
Merida Scultura 5000 (2015)
Merida Big Nine 400 (2019)
I agree with Nikko. In the past when I commuted to-from work, for groceries and other errands, I could easily get 50+ miles in a week. Weekend leisurely or long distance bike rides would add more. And as some of you pointed out, it also depends on where you are living and/or how the route is.

I am currently riding through Ecuador and M using mountainous, dirt roads. So here, to get 35+ miles/day is an accomplishment. Some days, I do clock more miles but that's on paved roads with good shoulders. So looking at my past 6-months, I think I have some 2000+ miles but I have been bikepacking. It's an interesting, open-ended question though..:-)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post

03-06-2022, 08:51 AM
Last Post: Jesper

03-02-2022, 05:22 PM
Last Post: Yam

09-29-2013, 12:47 PM
Last Post: nfmisso