Have questions or want to discuss cycling? Join Now or Sign In to participate in the BikeRide community.

New: Take Part in the Latest Giveaway coming soon

What New Year's Cycling Resolutions Do You Have?
Some of you will already be celebrating 2023 and some will be doing that in the next few hours.

I hope you all get to enjoy it with friends and family. Happy New Year!

What New Year's cycling resolutions have you set?

I am planning to get out a lot more, even in the crappy winter weather. It's been too long since I put in a good long ride.

In order to endure the weather, I'll need to succeed in my next resolution for 2023, which is to finally acquire some good wet-weather cycle clothes. The stuff I have works but it's too bulky/hot.

What are you resolving to do with your cycling in 2023?
Happy New Year!
I simply want to do more commute bike rides. I was too lazy in 2022 and drove to work more than I should have ... bad weather and heavy rain, and strong winds. Similar to @enkei , high-quality rain clothing might contribute to reaching my 2023 goal.
(01-02-2023, 01:42 PM)Lemon Wrote:  Happy New Year!
I simply want to do more commute bike rides. I was too lazy in 2022 and drove to work more than I should have ... bad weather and heavy rain, and strong winds. Similar to @enkei , high-quality rain clothing might contribute to reaching my 2023 goal.

I managed to get out for a reasonably long ride on New Year's Day, which was a bit silly as I'd done almost no physical activity for a few weeks. Feeling the effects now, LOL.

I have to say that this goal was completed - last year, I improved the number of commute rides by 70% compared to 2022. The fact that we had more days at the office helped. I also upgraded my gear or clothing with waterproof pants and a rain jacket.

So guys ... bike more! It feels great Smile
Hello Lemon, look what I found on one of my rides..:-)

The mural said, " You are one ride away from good mood.".:-)

(01-14-2024, 12:53 PM)Lemon Wrote:  

I have to say that this goal was completed - last year, I improved the number of commute rides by 70% compared to 2022. The fact that we had more days at the office helped. I also upgraded my gear or clothing with waterproof pants and a rain jacket.

Attached Files Image(s)

(01-14-2024, 12:53 PM)Lemon Wrote:  

That's awesome!
(12-31-2022, 05:11 PM)enkei Wrote:  Some of you will already be celebrating 2023 and some will be doing that in the next few hours.

I hope you all get to enjoy it with friends and family. Happy New Year!

What New Year's cycling resolutions have you set?

I am planning to get out a lot more, even in the crappy winter weather. It's been too long since I put in a good long ride.

In order to endure the weather, I'll need to succeed in my next resolution for 2023, which is to finally acquire some good wet-weather cycle clothes. The stuff I have works but it's too bulky/hot.

What are you resolving to do with your cycling in 2023?

I just want to increase my mileage. Maybe 5% every week for 3 months
As for me, I've also aimed to cycle more regularly in the year 2024 even when the weather is not very good outside. To cope with poor weather conditions, I have thought of doing indoor cycling on a stationary bicycle. Although it cannot be compared to going out on the road, my dedication is to keep myself active and enhance my health.
Welcome Trailjoe and and wishing you the very best with your 2024 resolution. I too hoped to bike more but for me getting started is always the hardest part.

For example, this morning I hoped to get up early and set out for a morning ride (as it gets to 40 deg C here during the daytime).:-( I accomplished the first task of getting up early but sadly didn't head out on my bike. Not sure how to handle this starting problem..:-) I have tried indoor riding/running and those just don't work for me..

(04-08-2024, 04:25 AM)TrailJoe Wrote:  As for me, I've also aimed to cycle more regularly in the year 2024 even when the weather is not very good outside. To cope with poor weather conditions, I have thought of doing indoor cycling on a stationary bicycle. Although it cannot be compared to going out on the road, my dedication is to keep myself active and enhance my health.
(04-10-2024, 03:17 AM)GirishH Wrote:  Welcome Trailjoe and and wishing you the very best with your 2024 resolution. I too hoped to bike more but for me getting started is always the hardest part.

For example, this morning I hoped to get up early and set out for a morning ride (as it gets to 40 deg C here during the daytime).:-( I accomplished the first task of getting up early but sadly didn't head out on my bike. Not sure how to handle this starting problem..:-) I have tried indoor riding/running and those just don't work for me..

(04-08-2024, 04:25 AM)TrailJoe Wrote:  As for me, I've also aimed to cycle more regularly in the year 2024 even when the weather is not very good outside. To cope with poor weather conditions, I have thought of doing indoor cycling on a stationary bicycle. Although it cannot be compared to going out on the road, my dedication is to keep myself active and enhance my health.

Thank you for the welcome, @GirishH! Wishing you all the best with your biking goals for 2024. Starting can indeed be the toughest part, but you've already made progress by getting up early. Perhaps exploring different strategies like setting small goals or finding a cycling buddy could help overcome the starting challenge. I also tried getting myself a reward when I accomplish my goal, for example: if I managed to cycle every day for at least 30 minutes for a month, I’ll buy myself a fitness tracker like Fitbit, or something similar. Keep pushing forward, and remember, every effort counts towards your journey to better health and fitness!
are any of these New Year's resolutions holding up? I wanna read some inspiring stories on how you guys conquer your goals that you set in the new year, might help people reading this to keep going
(04-14-2024, 04:48 PM)meamoantonio Wrote:  are any of these New Year's resolutions holding up? I wanna read some inspiring stories on how you guys conquer your goals that you set in the new year, might help people reading this to keep going

I'm definitely riding more than late last year. It helps that the weather has improved markedly in recent weeks.
Personally, I struggle with keeping the resolutions ( whether they are new year's or everyday's). I stick my resolutions/goals if I have a race/marathon or a big ride to aim for. Otherwise, it's hard to study when no exam in the near future..;-(

(04-14-2024, 04:48 PM)meamoantonio Wrote:  are any of these New Year's resolutions holding up? I wanna read some inspiring stories on how you guys conquer your goals that you set in the new year, might help people reading this to keep going

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post

04-22-2024, 01:35 PM
Last Post: GirishH

03-06-2022, 08:51 AM
Last Post: Jesper

03-02-2022, 05:22 PM
Last Post: Yam