Have questions or want to discuss cycling? Join Now or Sign In to participate in the BikeRide community.

New: Take Part in the March Giveaway: Coming Soon 3/24

Need GMC Denali Front Rim Replaced
Hello all, new to bikes and the forum and needed some simple help. I can't seem to find on the internet what size rim i would need. I have 2 of these bikes.. 1 of which had both wheels stolen.. and the other i had an accident that cause 4 of the spokes to bust out and the wheel slightly bent.. so now i am out of 2 bikes!!!

anywho here is the information to the model i currently have

22.5" GMC Denali 700c Men's Road Bike, Black/Orange:

Shimano FD-TZ 31 Index front derailleur
Shimano RD-TZ30GS 7SPD rear derailleur
Promax 501A alloy caliper brakes
Promax BL-250AP aluminum brake levers
Kenda 700c racing tires
Vitesse alloy rims
Dimensions: 68"L x 18"W x 40"H

if anyone could be so kind as to link me with a suitable replacement it would be greatly appreciated!!! also keep in mind this bike is only used for maybe 5 miles tops a day. Normally only a mile.. but every now and then i'll go for a fun ride to the beach which is roughly 24mi there and back.

Thank you in advance everyone
The answer is in your post - "700C" is the size wheel (not just rim) that you need. You just need to know the tire size that came on the bike, as that determines how wide the rim should be.
(08-18-2014, 07:03 PM)cny-man Wrote:  The answer is in your post - "700C" is the size wheel you need. YOu just need to know the tire size that kame on the bike, as that determines how wide the rim should be.

awesome, much easier than i thought it would be =P i will check on that as soon as i am out of work! are there any brands or online shops in particular that are reputable that i should be checking (that also won't cost me an arm and a leg)
I've never had to order a wheel online - build my own. But there are several merchants that are reputable. Do a search for what you need ("700c wheel") then pick a few results and check reviews of the wheels you are interested in. That's better than random opinions on a forum.
http://www.rei.com/product/770560/alloy-alex-x101-front-wheel-700c#reviewsTab

so i think im gonna go with this.. surely i can reuse my tire but will more than likely just grab a new inner tube (as the stock ones kind of sucked and didnt hold air very long)

thank you for your help
You're welcome. Reviews say it's a wide rim, so a tire that is 28-32 mm wide should work great. Smaller is not better, and I would definitely caution against going narrower than 25mm.

Possibly Related Threads...