Have questions or want to discuss cycling? Join Now or Sign In to participate in the BikeRide community.

New: Take Part in the March Giveaway: Coming Soon 3/24

Rear wheel gets tightened with tightening the nuts
I'm sorry because i'm not really familiar with bike issues so maybe my description won't be that clear

I got a hole in the rear wheel..got it out and fixed it..when i placed it back and tightened the nuts, i noticed that the wheel it self gets tightened as well..i mean not moving freely ..if any more information are important to provide please tell me

and thanks for your help in advance
The issue is likely that the inner nut is tightening as you are tightening the outer nut.

Remove the wheel from the bike. Make sure the wheel turns freely, if not loosen the inner nut(s) just enough to have it turn freely. Place the wheel back on the bike and tighten the outer nuts. If the inner nuts continue to tighten you will need a slim wrench to hold the inner nut on while tightening the outer nut on the same side.
Brent

For instance, the bicycle is the most efficient machine ever created: Converting calories into gas, a bicycle gets the equivalent of three thousand miles per gallon. ~Bill Strickland, The Quotable Cyclist

http://cyclingat50.blogspot.com/
The cones should be "locked" with the outer nuts, not the ones that hold the wheel in the frame, but the ones on the outer end of the axle, but inside the frame, or forks.

This may help explain: http://www.parktool.com/blog/repair-help/hub-overhaul-and-adjustment
as others have said, this is probably due to the cones and locknuts not being tight enough. It is very important that they are properly set up as a loose RH cone can screw itself into the hub and ruin the hub, or even throw you off the bike!!
This cannot be done correctly without removing the gear block from the hub, as it is essential that the Right hand cone and locknut is locked up very tightly and in the correct position, with all subsequent adjustment carried out on the left side.
As you are not experienced in cycle repair, I suggest you get a price from your LBS for this, it could save you the price of a new wheel.

Possibly Related Threads...