Have questions or want to discuss cycling? Join Now or Sign In to participate in the BikeRide community.

New: Take Part in the Latest Giveaway coming soon

Ground breaking design or gimmick ?
Looks like it was terminated last summer
https://manufactur3dmag.com/superstrata-3d-printed-bike-project/

I would not have trusted a 3D-printed bike anyway but it could work with aluminum.

Not groundbreaking. Thermoplastic carbon fiber 3D printed instead of epoxy resin. I think the tube on the seat goes into a tube on the frame, so why is it not a seat tube -just because it does not go down to the BB? It ran out of funds anyway last summer.
https://manufactur3dmag.com/superstrata-3d-printed-bike-project/
If you don't mind my commenting - aero and light only is effective if you have an average speed of 40 km/ph or higher and the average rider is about 20 km/ph. This makes it pretty silly to pay $10,000 for a bike that will have absolutely no bearing on your speed. What's more, steel rides SO much better than carbon fiber and the Aluminum bikes like the Treks ride virtually identical to the carbon fiber bikes if that is what you like that it is probably pretty silly buying a bike that has a limited lifespan when you can get a metal bike that will last forever. Perhaps you will grow tired of it and sell it but then you will at least have confidence that you have sold someone a bike that will break on them on a 45 mph descent.

I am 79 now and have ridden just about everything. And I have returned to 10 speeds and steel. I am presently putting in 5,000 miles per year and 166,000 feet of climbing and now in the depth of winter use a carbon fiber bike to ride the nasty wet and muddy roads. But when the roads are clear enough I ride steel. How much do you suppose it would cost for a Peugeot PX10 and a Shimano 105 10 speed group with Bontrager X-lite wheels and 28 mm Continental Gatorskins with steel bead?

A whole lot cheaper than that thing and a whole lot more pleasant to ride. Racers DEFINITELY can gain from the modern bikes but ask yourself if you can.
Looks impressively similar to this Urtopia

Both of them appear to flout basic engineering rules. Then again, I'm no engineer...

Also, that frame weighs 1.3kg, so only 200-300g lighter than my '90s Columbus-tubed road bike.

Possibly Related Threads...