Have questions or want to discuss cycling? Join Now or Sign In to participate in the BikeRide community.

New: Take Part in the Latest Giveaway coming soon

Are electric bikes the future?
Wink 
Yes. I have seen more and more motorized bicycles. I believe that battery power is the future for many things. Some people may not be in the best health to ride a regular bike, and may still want to cut emissions.

(04-02-2021, 05:35 PM)Nicholas Wrote:  Hello, bike riders!

In April, BikeRide community members have a chance to win a Roadster V2 electric bike from Ride1UP. What do you think about electric bikes? Do you believe that the number of e-bike owners will continue growing steadily in the future?

Share your thoughts in the comments!
This giveaway applies to the United States and Canada.
Absolutely, especially hybrid ones,.
Yes, e-bikes are very popular. I see lots of rental scooters but e-bikes are more my style. I live in a valley surrounded by steep hills so an ebike makes sense to help me get up those hills.
Absolutely!! I'm a dream rider have always wanted one of these hope to someday! They are getting more popular by the second!
I think the e-bike owners will continue to grow, especially if the price becomes affordable for everyone.
I believe more and more people will use electric bikes.
I think they are as most of my friends now have one
Bikes are the way to travel, especially in the city, so electric bikes are just the thing to use,

In April, BikeRide community members have a chance to win a Roadster V2 electric bike from Ride1UP. What do you think about electric bikes? Do you believe that the number of e-bike owners will continue growing steadily in the future?

As a senior, I appreciate the growth in the number and variety of e-bikes available today. I am still able to ride safely on city streets, I am finding it more difficult to do longer distances. E-assist would extend my range.
It amazes me to see the number of cyclists in our city who ride in inclement weather, especially during extreme winter conditions. -20C and colder weather is not uncommon, yet these (fool)hardy souls are out there, setting track for others.
I think the number of e-bike owners will grow but not a huge amount. Even the cheaper ones are still way more expensive than the Walmart bikes most people here in the midwest buy. Another factor going against all bikes in the USA is that everything here is so spread out so biking is mostly for sport instead of commuting around.
Electric bikes are definitely the future for many bike riders! It will be the easiest way to get around for sure
I think that Electric Bikes will only grow in popularity and they make so much sense. But, I think it will take a while to catch on mainstream as they are spendier than many people would like to spend on a bike. Many still need to have a car as backup for family trips - and if you have the money to pay for one or the other you really have to weigh the pro's and con's of both depending on if you are a single individual or a part of a family unit.
Heart 
With more bike ready streets e-bikes are the future of transportation. Fitness and full mobility at the same time with a almost non existent carbon foot print and helping you Health... what else could we ask for.

Electric bikes are absolutely the future. Its putting people back on bikes who haven’t ridden in years due to injuries, health etc. it’s providing people a way to get out and exercise that is doable and enjoyable.
I like the electric bike.

[/quote]
They will be my future when I can no longer ride a regular bike; but so far no need.
Take care,
Jesper

"I am become Death, the destroyer of bicycles." NJS
Yes!
Definitely electric bikes are the future!
I believe that whole-heartedly. Now that many of us are getting older, an electric bike will help us get over the tough parts of a ride, such as hills.

Thanks for this great contest.
I believe that electric bikes are the future. I see more and more of them every day. I think it's great for commuters as well as joy riders. And you can still get your exercise in if you self pedal!
Heart 
Electric everything is the futurw for sure. I believe if we all shopped locally tand road electric bikes wherever we went the world would be a better place. I plan on making youtube content of me on my new electric bicycle going to mom and pop shops locally reviewing my bike and shops

Possibly Related Threads...