Have questions or want to discuss cycling? Join Now or Sign In to participate in the BikeRide community.

New: Take Part in the March Giveaway: Coming Soon 3/24

Poll: Whats your Tool Company of choice?
Pedro's
Park Tool
IceToolz
Other

More Proof Park Tool Company is good.
I have a CCP-22 Crankpuller I stripped the threads on it removing a Crank.
[attachment=718]
I emailed Park.

They sent out a new piece with-in three days
Good to know Park is so good with warranty. They are the best tool company I've worked with.

That said, I also really like Hozan Tools, but they are harder to find. You can get some stuff through Amazon.com
(01-16-2010, 07:22 PM)Alex Ramon Wrote:  Good to know Park is so good with warranty. They are the best tool company I've worked with.

That said, I also really like Hozan Tools, but they are harder to find. You can get some stuff through Amazon.com

I just looked through Hozan's catalog, and I didn't find any bicycle specific tools. Are you referring to their regular hand tools? (Screwdrivers, Torx, etc.)
Dedicated scholar of bicycles
That's what I mean, it's hard to find their bike specific tools. If you ask them they'll send you a catalog that shows them all (I have one somewhere). The only other place I've been able to find them is this search on Amazon. Strange. But the tools are awesome, simple and higher quality than anything else I've worked with. Wish they made more and marketed them better... if anyone knows more about them it would be great to hear!
Wow. I have to say, I've never seen crown race PLIERS before. I saved the $50 and got one of these http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/displayitem.taf?Itemnumber=7343

But the most interesting tool in that Amazon search is the spoke threader for only $135.

Of course its no Phil Wood Cutter & Threader for $4283.99 http://www.outsideoutfitters.com/p-834-phil-wood-spoke-threading-and-cutting-machine.aspx , but hey, if you build a lot of wheels, this little ditty could save you some time by letting you cut your own spokes and then thread them yourself.
Wow, I hadn't seen the Phil Wood cutter before. Looks cool but Jeez it's pricey! It must work awesome. I've used the Hozan spoke cutter before and found it a bit tricky to use.

This thread reminds me, I've got a Park CCW-4 with a broken ratchet mechanism. I see they don't sell it anymore so I'll send them an email and see what happens.
Aha! I found the bicycle category on Hozan's website:
http://www.hozan.co.jp/cycle_e/catalog/index.html
(01-16-2010, 10:28 PM)Alex Ramon Wrote:  Wow, I hadn't seen the Phil Wood cutter before. Looks cool but Jeez it's pricey! It must work awesome. I've used the Hozan spoke cutter before and found it a bit tricky to use.

This thread reminds me, I've got a Park CCW-4 with a broken ratchet mechanism. I see they don't sell it anymore so I'll send them an email and see what happens.

The CCW-4 had a bad habit of stripping the ratcheting mechanism, a problem they were never able to solve. At least that's what I was told. That's why they stopped selling it.
hi guys i yes got my park tool torque wrench tw-2 and my socketand bit set SBS-1 to star building my Cannondale Cadd8 and my Specialized S-Works after my accident i crash and i fracture my left clavicle im star building my specialized i yes install a new cane creek s3 headset my rock shox pilot xc i got a ritchey 4 axis wcs stem to install my crown race i used 1 1/4 pvc pipe works great for my headset i used spin doctor press headset is awesome here some pictures
(01-17-2010, 11:03 AM)tino Wrote:  hi guys i yes got my park tool torque wrench tw-2 and my socketand bit set SBS-1 to star building my Cannondale Cadd8 and my Specialized S-Works after my accident i crash and i fracture my left clavicle im star building my specialized i yes install a new cane creek s3 headset my rock shox pilot xc i got a ritchey 4 axis wcs stem to install my crown race i used 1 1/4 pvc pipe works great for my headset i used spin doctor press headset is awesome here some pictures

Let us know how the Park torque wrench is. I haven't used it, but I've used a similar beam type wrench. Just wondering.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post

02-25-2012, 11:39 AM
Last Post: Bill

03-21-2011, 05:48 PM
Last Post: k0p4n

09-13-2010, 11:48 AM