Have questions or want to discuss cycling? Join Now or Sign In to participate in the BikeRide community.

New: Take Part in the Latest Giveaway coming soon

Hello fellow cyclists
Hi,
Just joining to see what info I can glean from the community. I am fairly new to working on bikes (old steel stuff), but have been riding for decades. I will post some photos of frames and parts I have bought since I am not sure what might go with what, I hope that some opinions might be forthcoming. I am trying to work on a few different frames (strada, TT, and pista); apparently Spanish (Cosme), Italian (Moser, Olmo, Viner, Chesini, Gaburro), Dutch (Hopmans, Jan De Mol, Sirocco), unknown (Mertens). Mostly have old Italian parts for building since I was in Italy a couple times. Easy and cheap to pick-up stuff there compared to US and ebay, etc.

Thanks for having me!
Welcome Jake,

You have some interesting marques; some I am very familiar with, and others that I have not heard of. I will be anticipating some photos and knowledge you have regarding your collection.
Stay warm up there! I go north one or two times a year, but usually not in the winter since Florida cycling weather is optimal at this time.
Take care,
Jesper

"I am become Death, the destroyer of bicycles." NJS
Yes, you have some brands with familiar names, and others unheard of. Look forward to seeing images of them all and to see what you do with them.
(12-23-2021, 08:47 PM)Jesper Wrote:  Welcome Jake,

You have some interesting marques; some I am very familiar with, and others that I have not heard of. I will be anticipating some photos and knowledge you have regarding your collection.
Stay warm up there! I go north one or two times a year, but usually not in the winter since Florida cycling weather is optimal at this time.

(12-24-2021, 07:56 AM)jeffg Wrote:  Yes, you have some brands with familiar names, and others unheard of. Look forward to seeing images of them all and to see what you do with them.

Thank you,
I will hopefully get to posting some photos here shortly given the holiday madness and all that. Still trying to set up this account. I have posted on another site and had issues with loading photos so I left it to come here where I hope things will work better. I will probably be redundant given previous postings on that site, but I hope that I will receive new insights, as well as provide new infrmation and photo references for others.
To all; have a great and safe holiday! season
Welcome to the Bikeride community!
"Carbon is faster"

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post

10-22-2019, 05:25 PM
Last Post: hviz