Have questions or want to discuss cycling? Join Now or Sign In to participate in the BikeRide community.

New: Take Part in the Latest Giveaway coming soon

Christmas presents for cycling
Hej everyone.
Sending you Holiday greetings from Denmark! I bet many of you received something useful for cycling under the christmas tree. I got a handy commuter's backpack for cycling with many compartments and Specialized short biking gloves with a nice cushion.

Did you get something for cycling activities as a present?
Did you get your bicycle a present? Smile

If not this year, what has been your favorite bike related present that you got for Christmas?
Hello Aab, greetings from India. Which part of Denmark do you live in? I cycled around Copenhagen and surrounding islands for a week in December just before the pandemic.. I had a wonderful time there except for the lack of daylight or seeing the Sun..:-)

My favorite Christmas gift was not a physical gift perse but the opportunity to spend in wintery grand canyon backpacking in December 2021 and then bikepacking in South America during 2022. Again, not physical gifts but something I "gifted" myself..:-)
(12-28-2023, 08:44 PM)GirishH Wrote:  Hello Aab, greetings from India. Which part of Denmark do you live in? I cycled around Copenhagen and surrounding islands for a week in December just before the pandemic.. I had a wonderful time there except for the lack of daylight or seeing the Sun..:-)

My favorite Christmas gift was not a physical gift perse but the opportunity to spend in wintery grand canyon backpacking in December 2021 and then bikepacking in South America during 2022. Again, not physical gifts but something I "gifted" myself..:-)

Hej GirishH, thank you for your greetings!
I move in between Aalborg and Aarhus. Both cities are in the Jutland peninsula.

Where did the CPH route take you in December 2019? How did you find Denmark?
I agree that intangibles or experiences are great gifts. I know some people from my network who did Rapha Festive 500 challenge (https://www.strava.com/challenges/rapha-festive-500-2023).
@Aab Hope you are well!
I got some Bontrager thermal tights, or more correctly thermal "looses" because I want to be able to wear my cycling shorts and regular tights underneath when needed; and they were on sale!! It is getting cold even in Florida, USA. Never needed them before, but they came in handy just last week when it was 37°F/3°C upon Ieaving work. The bike got a pair of "new" (used) clipless pedals (it did not complain too much).
Take care,
Jesper

"I am become Death, the destroyer of bicycles." NJS
If you have seen any of my posts lately, you know everyday is Christmas for my bikes! To many to list. It would make Santa blush.
There are two kinds of people in the world, "Those who help themselves to people, and those who help people!"
I received a BP Doctor smart watch, which can record my riding conditions, as well as some physical conditions and so on.
Hello Aab, I cycled in Denmark during the last week of December..:-) So, when I saw some blue sky and sun after some 5 days I was in heaven. But cycling in Denmark was truly fun. I started and finished at Copenhagen. I stayed in Horbelev, Saksobing, Svendborg, Odense and Nyborg. It was a short one week trip. Hope to get back there during better weather..:-)

I was looking at Aarhus but weather and lack of time demotivated me.
(01-08-2024, 09:07 PM)Aab Wrote:  
(12-28-2023, 08:44 PM)GirishH Wrote:  Hello Aab, greetings from India. Which part of Denmark do you live in? I cycled around Copenhagen and surrounding islands for a week in December just before the pandemic.. I had a wonderful time there except for the lack of daylight or seeing the Sun..:-)

Hej GirishH, thank you for your greetings!
I move in between Aalborg and Aarhus. Both cities are in the Jutland peninsula.

Where did the CPH route take you in December 2019? How did you find Denmark?
I agree that intangibles or experiences are great gifts. I know some people from my network who did Rapha Festive 500 challenge (https://www.strava.com/challenges/rapha-festive-500-2023).
I received a portable tire inflator as a gift! It's powerful enough for both my bike and car tires.
Interesting. Is this foot operatoed? Also, how does the different tire nozzles work for this pump? I thought cars had different nozzle compared to bicycles..

(04-18-2024, 10:23 PM)TrailJoe Wrote:  I received a portable tire inflator as a gift! It's powerful enough for both my bike and car tires.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post