Have questions or want to discuss cycling? Join Now or Sign In to participate in the BikeRide community.

New: Take Part in the March Giveaway: Coming Soon

What cycling equipment would you give as a Christmas gift?
I want to buy a cycling equipment to my friends by Chtistmas gift, he like cycling, do you have any suggestions?
Hello, my good friend!

I can highly recommend a Look T20 frameset. This is an excellent Christmas gift, my old friend. Big Grin

LOL, kidding.

It really depends on your friend's age and riding style, plus what they already own. Clothes are difficult because they're very much a personal choice and it's hard to get the sizing right.

Bicycle lighting technology has been advancing so much, there's always a better light on the market, so that might be one gift idea.

The safest option is probably gift certificates for a local bicycle shop or one of the big online retailers of cycling products.
a quality bike helmet if one does not have it yet - "I care for your safety!"
@enkei mentioned bike lights which is a good option too. I received such a gift two years ago and those lights are (still) currently on my commuter.
(12-07-2022, 01:27 PM)enkei Wrote:  Hello, my good friend!

I can highly recommend a Look T20 frameset. This is an excellent Christmas gift, my old friend. Big Grin

LOL, kidding.

It really depends on your friend's age and riding style, plus what they already own. Clothes are difficult because they're very much a personal choice and it's hard to get the sizing right.

Bicycle lighting technology has been advancing so much, there's always a better light on the market, so that might be one gift idea.

The safest option is probably gift certificates for a local bicycle shop or one of the big online retailers of cycling products.

My good friend, what do you think about gloves and socks?

(12-07-2022, 01:40 PM)Papa Dom Wrote:  a quality bike helmet if one does not have it yet - "I care for your safety!"
@enkei mentioned bike lights which is a good option too. I received such a gift two years ago and those lights are (still) currently on my commuter.

Thank you for your reply, your suggestion is very good and I will take it into consideration.
(12-07-2022, 01:40 PM)Papa Dom Wrote:  a quality bike helmet if one does not have it yet - "I care for your safety!"

Excellent suggestion! I was wondering about helmets but thought that sizing/comfort might be a challenge when it's a gift.
(12-07-2022, 03:11 AM)Santic Wrote:  I want to buy a cycling equipment to my friends by Chtistmas gift, he like cycling, do you have any suggestions?

A membership to Adventure Cycling Association?..:-) That is what introduced me to biketouring, bike packing and thanks to their classified section, I am currently in South America on an epic 6+ months bikepacking trip..:-)

https://www.cycleblaze.com/edit-journal/1103/
I wish I had a friend like you. I also want to get bike gear for Christmas, but I'll probably get candles and gift cards instead.
Trek bike xD
Some tires are always nice if you mountain bike lol
(12-07-2022, 03:11 AM)Santic Wrote:  I want to buy a cycling equipment to my friends by Chtistmas gift, he like cycling, do you have any suggestions?

Please, intelligent people of the world, just read this COMPANY'S post!

What I would like for a Christmas gift is for thinly veiled marketing and research techniques to be obliterated from online public forums. Website administrators need to be more observant of these pathetic and obvious uses of the public opinion to gain free marketing information. This is nothing different than an "paid" online "survey" except for the paid part.
Santic, please just come out and identify yourself as a company trying to access public opinion for cost free market research.
I work as an IT security professional (and also have a governmental intelligence background), and although there is nothing illegal about what "Santic" is doing; this company is only trying to get free information to propel their profit margin based on those who will pay for merchandise produced by low cost labor.
Sorry to burst anyone's bubble, but I have seen this occur so many times that it is becoming pathetic.
What needs to happen is for companies like this, China based company, is to PAY YOU for providing them with valuable research data. This company is merely taking advantage of unsuspecting and gullible participants contributing in their plan to gain market information for free in order to profit off of it.
What is sad is that this company is open about who they are, and yet the public on this site is willing to give them information that "Santic" would have to pay professional marketing analysts for under normal circumstances. Thus, they gain from free marketing advice and low cost production labor.

I leave this to your own ethics if you decide to continue to provide this unethical company free information.

I have already done "deep dives" on this and other companies participating openly on this and other websites only to find that the general public is happy to unwaryingly provide them information that would otherwise, under normal circumstances, require a company (at a much higher cost) to hire someone to gather the same information.

These techniques are used by many companies, most of which put much more effort, and thus money, into their marketing research efforts.

Many companies are now just "phishing" for free information with general postings on forum sites (and emails, etc.) like this, and are most pleased for any responses provided to their (often "bot" generated) queries.

Fot those who care about the integrity of this and other forum sites that they are honestly supporting; please just ignore these postings and bring them to the attention of site administrators so that a disclaimer will be attached identifying these postings as commercial "phishing" threads.

I have, on this site alone, easily identified companies particitpating within the forums, private messaging, and onsite advertising.

Do what you will, but these unethical efforts only degrade the true nature of what a general public forum website was established for. I certainly understand the need for advertising, marketing, and the gathering of online information, but it should be done in an open and honest manner.

Essentially, every online "social" site is being unobstrusively or openly "mined" for information to be used for varying purposes. I am just providing a public warning to those who are not aware of it.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post

01-11-2024, 01:13 PM
Last Post: GirishH