Have questions or want to discuss cycling? Join Now or Sign In to participate in the BikeRide community.

New: Take Part in the March Giveaway: Coming Soon

Air still trapped in the brakes
Exclamation 
So, I bleed my Magura MT7 brakes easily 10 times in the last week but there's some air trapped inside that I just can't get rid off, no matter what I do, already tried everything I saw on the internet and that lever is still spongy and the rear wheel will turn with brakes fully applied if I push it hard enough.
Any bike mechanics here with some input for this kind of situations?

Thanks in advance 👍
Angel Support your local bike shop.
Could be any number of things in the set up of the hosing.
If you installed the brake hose yourself, the nut could be too loose, it could have a small hole in it. One of the most common problems I see is people will cut the hose and it isn’t perfectly straight, sometimes this allows for oil to leak through the the barb and the olive. That being said, make sure you have the right barb and olive for the job. That would be my best guess.
"Steel is real."
- IDK, some guy.
(09-29-2021, 01:21 AM)ChaseCal Wrote:  Could be any number of things in the set up of the hosing.
If you installed the brake hose yourself, the nut could be too loose, it could have a small hole in it. One of the most common problems I see is people will cut the hose and it isn’t perfectly straight, sometimes this allows for oil to leak through the the barb and the olive. That being said, make sure you have the right barb and olive for the job. That would be my best guess.

Thanks for the reply.
The brakes were working fine before starting to get spongy, when bleeding every time i pump the lever i get air bubles comming out on the other side if I dont pump the lever I could an out bledding and no air will came out, I'm starting to think I have a leak in the master cilynder somewhere when i aplly the brake lever. Would you agree with this assessment?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post