Have questions or want to discuss cycling? Join Now or Sign In to participate in the BikeRide community.

New: Take Part in the Latest Giveaway coming soon

Which aspects of e-bikes do you think are the most important? Why?
I think how long the battery holds a charge
What I love most about ebikes is that they go so fast and make pedaling SOOO much easier! Thank you for this giveaway chance!
My main thought/opinion would be that DURABILITY/RELIABILITY ARE THE MOST IMPORTANT FACTORS. Those factors to me essentially translate into QUALITY. I simply look at it this way: Would you rather have a bike the runs great and meets all your criteria for a day; or a bike that meets most of your criteria, but lasts you for years?

The next factor would be the WEIGHT since it affects many of the other aspects mentioned (range/battery life, resultant power/torque, portability/ease of storage, etc.). Just like with a regular bike; I know I can go farther and faster on a lightweight race bike, than on a midweight recreational/sport bike; not to mention that the quality is usually much better in most cases (albeit you pay more for it, just like you will if buying an ebike). One big thing is ease of carrying that ebike up stairs , putting it in a car/truck, or mounting on a rack; especially for those of us a little older who may be buying an ebike to save our bodies from a bit of abuse. It would do no good if we cannot move the darn thing to store it or ride it.

SECURITY certainly is important. I do not want my new and expensive bike, or parts of it to easily be removed; of course if it does not have an integrated security system, it should be designed to easily adapt to an aftermarket lock/security system.

Lastly, but no less important is EASE OF, AND SPEED OF CHARGING. I might ride it to work, but will I have a good enough charge if it is was a long commute and still be able to ride it at lunch time, and then still be able to make the long trip back home. I think a built-in solar array, or a generator which can charge it while pedalling would be great options during remote trips; but both options add substantial weight so one would have to weigh (no pun) the benefits depending on one's needs.
Ride Fast, Be Safe!
Howard
1. Hill Climbing
2. Quality Parts that last
3. Range
4. Speed
5. User can adjust (program via Bluetooth or other means) pedal assist levels to accommodate varying local regulations and surfaces being travelled on.
BAttery power, life and durability
Being safe, battery life
Battery life for more trails to cover, specially when u going back and so tired!
I think for a person my age (77), the idea of having back when your legs are tired is awesome!
(08-02-2021, 05:55 PM)Nicholas Wrote:  Hello, bike riders!
Have you ever considered buying an e-bike or do you already own one? Let's share our opinions about e-bikes and their most important aspects.

• What's the most important aspect of electric bikes and why? Is it the battery life? Is it the max speed?
  • What would you consider the most when choosing an e-bike?
  • What's your e-bike ride destination - a short trip to the grocery store or a multiple day bike tour? Who would be your ride buddy?

It's the battery life for me! I would consider the size and safety of it. I live in a busy city and I want to be able to move alongside traffic safely and efficiently. I would use an e-bike for short trip such as to an event, meeting up with friends, and occasionally to work during the nice days!
I'm 72 and love to ride. Sometimes I ride too far. The power assist helpsme get home safely...
I think the most important for me is battery power so I can go for longer distances.
The battery life is definitely important to me. Although, I don't currently own an e-bike I would like to soon. I'm not looking for something that takes me up mountains as I live in flat land, I'm not looking for something expensive and showy as I'm very practical. I'm looking for a replacement for an automobile as my husband and I have sold my car and we are ride-sharing now. I'm hoping to use my future e-bike as a commuter bike - so I need enough battery to get to and from work and maybe the grocery store on the way home. Not having to pay for gas and insurance is the most important aspect to me.
Battery life is very important to me.

I would ride this back and forth to work.
I don't know where to start with ebikes - to even know what would/wouldn't be important to me. I do think I'm worried a bit about the weight so maybe that's where I'd start
The amount of time that the bike can operate on a single charge is most important to me.
Charge time and charge duration are both most important to m.
I would love a very comfortable, durable, and long lasting e bike!
need this to reliably get me to work
battery then speed
(08-02-2021, 05:55 PM)Nicholas Wrote:  Hello, bike riders!
Have you ever considered buying an e-bike or do you already own one? Let's share our opinions about e-bikes and their most important aspects.

• What's the most important aspect of electric bikes and why? Is it the battery life? Is it the max speed?
  • What would you consider the most when choosing an e-bike?
  • What's your e-bike ride destination - a short trip to the grocery store or a multiple day bike tour? Who would be your ride buddy?

I really like to be able to return to my departure area so battery life is very important to me.
I would want it to be light enough and nimble enough to ride to work, and feel like a bike and not get sweaty on the way in, but be able to enjoy the ride home. I would want integrated lights for commuting for safety and being able to see the road, I would want enough battery reserve so I would not need to charge at work to make it home, even in cold temperatures. If possible to make it still sleek looking.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post