Have questions or want to discuss cycling? Join Now or Sign In to participate in the BikeRide community.

New: Take Part in the Latest Giveaway coming soon

What are your best biking places in your city?
I live and ride in Eustis, FL
Hello, bike riders!
Let's share our favorite biking places in our own cities. It can be a loop around the local park, a mountain bike trail or simply your daily morning commute route.

[*]The Detroit Riverwalk in Detroit
[*]It's my favorite because I love riding next to the water.
Shepherdsville KY -- no "good" places to ride, but no really "bad" places either (unless you count the Interstate that runs through town).

Most of our rural roads are a bit narrow and a bit twisty, there's not too much traffic, but what traffic there is tends to be going a bit too fast and not really looking for anything like a bike, so it's up to you to keep from getting hit. Angry
Bullitt County KY. Anywhere outside Shepherdsville & Brooks are two lane asphalt. The road maps were all drawn by a snake with a broken spine.
I mostly just ride around my subdivision in Valley Station Kentucky. Occasionally out to the Dollar Store or Circle K.
Holden, MO - The stretch of the Katy Trail that runs from Pleasant Hill, MO to Holden, MO. I like it because it is a short ride from my hometown to the town where my sons antique store is located. So I have a place and time to rest before I head back again, plus a nice visit with my son. Also its fairly level, which makes it easier for a beginning rider. And there is a nice parking area so I don't have to ride along the narrow country road to get to it.
It's not a loop but I think that the new dedicated bike lanes in downtown Seattle make it so much easier to get around the city center and allow me to do everything I want to on my bike.
In Manitowoc, WI, we have a beautiful trail along Lake Michigan, connecting to an even more beautiful trail through the woods in a state park. Two distinct rides in one.
(07-02-2021, 02:37 PM)Nicholas Wrote:  Hello, bike riders!
Let's share our favorite biking places in our own cities. It can be a loop around the local park, a mountain bike trail or simply your daily morning commute route.

• Huntsville, AL, Hayes Nature preserve
    Nice wide walking/biking paths that go for miles.
The best place to ride in Paducah, KY is a big downtown park called Noble Park. It has a big lake in the middle and you can ride on the the road that goes around the lake through the park.
I have only been to a few so far, but I really like the trails at Oakdale in Lapeer Michigan. Sorry, I didn't take any pictures.
(07-03-2021, 06:49 PM)Michael Perkins Wrote:  Pretty much anywhere here in AZ , summer aLL year long

Lake Shore in Chicago
Lake Shore in Chicago
Is the new bike path across the street which is wider and safe.
Burke Gilman Trail in Seattle is Amazing. Really beautiful and a good workout.
(07-03-2021, 09:58 PM)Criminal Wrote:  MCRT gorge sections near Rutland MA

thanks for sharing your photos, Howard. these sections have a very nice, even magical/fairytale feel!
The best places depend upon mode of biking in any locale. I love bike riding, roads, paths, fields. I also love walking and hate to play dodge-a-bike on trails not open to bikers or not open to ebikers, dirtbikes, motorbikes. My right to bike does not negate someone else's right to walk. I wish more people understood the concept of personal agency and responsibility, then we all could have fun without conflicting-use problems along the way. I travel a lot and encounter this here, there, and elsewhere.
Tanglewood Park in Clemmons NC is a great place to ride.
(07-24-2021, 07:00 AM)Papa Dom Wrote:  
(07-03-2021, 09:58 PM)Criminal Wrote:  MCRT gorge sections near Rutland MA

thanks for sharing your photos, Howard. these sections have a very nice, even magical/fairytale feel!

You are welcome! I wish more folks would add some imagery since I drive by many of those areas described and would not mind taking a detour now and then. I delivered a bike to someone in N. Carolina who purchased it online, but needed someone to bring it to him to save on shipping. It was a nice break to get out the car and take ride around his neighborhood (he rode with me as a guide) and see the sites. It does not matter whether a mile ride or dozens of miles; new trails/roads to me are exciting; probably why I enjoy touring now since racing is no longer feasible.

As a side note I have done photography as a side job before and those gorge shots needed a wee bit of help due to the rainforest effect caused by the cold stone and the humid air. You were literally riding through a mist in that area so I modified to cut out some of the haze; but the sun glare added a nice touch.
Ride Fast, Be Safe!
Howard
I live in Eugene, OR. My favorite biking place is the paved path along the Willamette River. I ride on the path regularly and I always look forward to going past the Delta Ponds, where I usually see herons, ospreys, kingfishers, turtles, nutria and other wildlife.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post

11-11-2020, 07:15 PM
Last Post: Renastar