Have questions or want to discuss cycling? Join Now or Sign In to participate in the BikeRide community.

New: Take Part in the March Giveaway: Coming Soon 3/24

Help me identify my new bike!
Wink 
Hey everyone! Check out my new ride I recently got ! She’s a beautiful Electra electric bike, however I can’t find her anywhere on the the web. I understand that possibly she was a regular bike then converted into an electric, but I still can’t find just the frame anywhere ! Can someone help me identify her !? Thank you all in advance !

Attached Files Image(s)

(08-10-2020, 03:47 PM)Angiecita Wrote:  Hey everyone! Check out my new ride I recently got ! She’s a beautiful Electra electric bike, however I can’t find her anywhere on the the web. I understand that possibly she was a regular bike then converted into an electric, but I still can’t find just the frame anywhere ! Can someone help me identify her !? Thank you all in advance !
Hi Angiecita,
Welcome! I have seen a non-motorized version before (same paintwork); but nothing with that battery "tank" and motor. Due to the matching color scheme I would think that it was a stock build, but it may be a very nicely done custom job. What is the word on the seat stay tube above the chain guard? I would think that it would be the model name unless also custom added. They are supposed to be quality bikes, but that was when the company was small and independent; I don't know who makes/distributes them now. I can talk to some bike shop friends and see if they have a clue since it should be a fairly new model. I assume it was used when you bought it (?). Did you get it from a shop or personal owner? I would ask the seller if they know any history of it, or you could contact Electra directly (best bet); providing that photo and the serial number. I would think that they could give you the model and year, and inform you of any modifications made at the factory (possibly a special order), or if it was modified by an owner or retailer. Also, try a post on "RatRodbikes"; Electra made some "chopper" style bikes back in the day (maybe still do) which that community may be well acquainted with.
Take care,
Jesper

"I am become Death, the destroyer of bicycles." NJS

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post

01-22-2022, 03:56 AM
Last Post: Jesper

04-28-2021, 07:38 PM