Have questions or want to discuss cycling? Join Now or Sign In to participate in the BikeRide community.

New: Take Part in the March Giveaway: Coming Soon 3/24

My mongoose
just got it this week used but i love it so far just a little cheap fun hope to do a few upgrades to it in the future .
Cannot think of any upgrades this hi tek bike needs. I do suggest starting with a clean slate by cleaning and greasing all the bearings: wheels, crank, head. I like marine waterproof bearing grease as do many on this list. You should also clean and lightly lub moving parts as in chain, shifters and brakes.(not the pads) Spray or squeeze a drop of Teflon lub on pivots and wipe of excess. Bike looks very clean so it should not take much........RIDE.
Never Give Up!!!
(12-15-2012, 08:40 PM)GeorgeET Wrote:  Cannot think of any upgrades this hi tek bike needs. I do suggest starting with a clean slate by cleaning and greasing all the bearings: wheels, crank, head. I like marine waterproof bearing grease as do many on this list. You should also clean and lightly lub moving parts as in chain, shifters and brakes.(not the pads) Spray or squeeze a drop of Teflon lub on pivots and wipe of excess. Bike looks very clean so it should not take much........RIDE.

yea the guy that had it lubed the chain with what looked to be 90wt gear oil or something all ready cleaned and lubed the chain and stuff but still need to pull the crank and wheels off he had the back brake so tight it was rubbing constantly on the wheel got that taken care of gears all shift and work great rode her 16 miles today rides very good .
great looking bike you have there! especially used, well taken care of!! Smile
Good maintenance to your Bike, can make it like the wheels are, true and smooth!
(12-16-2012, 02:36 AM)Bill Wrote:  great looking bike you have there! especially used, well taken care of!! Smile

thanks Bill it,s was pretty clean still got do a little work want to pull the crank and wheels off clean and lube the bearings on it .
That's very sound advice, like George was saying. Now can tell you from personal experience if you start to hear a squeak when you hit a bump or you are pedaling it means the shock in the frame is a little dry. Easy fix just take some oil and put a drip on the part that goes inside the shock. There are rubber grommets on the frame I put a drip on too. I added a picture with the areas of where the drips should go with a rectangle in blue.
Good maintenance to your Bike, can make it like the wheels are, true and smooth!

Possibly Related Threads...