Have questions or want to discuss cycling? Join Now or Sign In to participate in the BikeRide community.

New: Take Part in the March Giveaway: Coming Soon 3/24

Back tire and pedal won't move
so i'm 18 and borrowed my friends bike since i never learned when i was smaller. i was in the process or learning by myself in my driveway when i almost crashed into my car and pretty much wiped out bad (and got some nice gashes)

anyways, when i stood my bike back up i noticed i could no longer pedal forwards. if i walked with my bike in my hands, the front tire would move, but the back tire would not move at all.

what happened?

i no absolutely nothing about bikes. :/
hey i fixed it! the brake thing was jammed into the tire...
I figured I would put this in for everyone's benefit...
Post Crash Checklist

* Thoroughly clean and look for cracks in your frame
* Check wheels for true and roundness
* Check spokes – squeeze in pairs on the same side of the wheel, both should have similar tension
* Check rear dérailleur hanger
* Replace bent handlebars, Aerobars, brake levers, pedals, saddle and seat post if damaged
* Check brakes – inspect brake pads. Squeeze brake levers hard and make certain the pads evenly grip the wheel rim. Check that the brake pads are centered on the rim.
* Check the front fork and head set for looseness or wobble. Squeeze the front brake and rock the bike back and forth, grab the lower headset cup and check for looseness, grab the fork and also check for looseness.
* Check the hubs on both wheels for looseness – by trying to wiggle the wheel sideways.
* Check your helmet – if you hit your head, REPLACE the helmet. If you don’t think you hit your head by the helmet shows scratches or scrapes – REPLACE the helmet. (Most helmet manufactures have some form of crash rebate)

Credit SLB-coaching.com .
Good maintenance to your Bike, can make it like the wheels are, true and smooth!
Check the wheel is still centered in the frame. When you crash and the wheel was not fixed all that securely it can move.

Possibly Related Threads...