Have questions or want to discuss cycling? Join Now or Sign In to participate in the BikeRide community.

New: Take Part in the Latest Giveaway coming soon

E-Bikes: Pioneering a Green Revolution in Transportation
The front lines of the fight for environmental sustainability!

The manner in which we think about transportation is changing, and it's amazing to see how e-bikes are contributing to this change. As the proud owner of a Maxfoot e-bike, one of the best company's electric bicycles, I take great pride in the knowledge that my mode of transportation results in a considerable reduction in the amount of carbon emissions produced in comparison to conventional cars.

E-bikes are part of a movement towards a transportation system that is less polluting, more environmentally friendly, and more environmentally sustainable. They contribute to the solution of our overarching problem of preventing climate change and are thus an important aspect of our endeavor.

On this forum, I'd be really interested in hearing from other people who ride electric bikes. In what ways do you feel that your ride is helping to make the future more environmentally friendly?
(07-25-2023, 08:30 AM)JamesWilliam007 Wrote:  The front lines of the fight for environmental sustainability!

The manner in which we think about transportation is changing, and it's amazing to see how e-bikes are contributing to this change. As the proud owner of a Maxfoot e-bike, one of the best company's electric bicycles, I take great pride in the knowledge that my mode of transportation results in a considerable reduction in the amount of carbon emissions produced in comparison to conventional cars.

E-bikes are part of a movement towards a transportation system that is less polluting, more environmentally friendly, and more environmentally sustainable. They contribute to the solution of our overarching problem of preventing climate change and are thus an important aspect of our endeavor.

On this forum, I'd be really interested in hearing from other people who ride electric bikes. In what ways do you feel that your ride is helping to make the future more environmentally friendly?

Lithium, cobalt, and nickel mining and processing is only going to increase with the decline of fossil fuels and with the increased use of battery powered vehicles, but none are what could be called "green" industries. Tires, and other composite materials are still requiring some petroleum products. Yes, the impact is less than an internal combustion engine; but still there is still an environmental impact at the present time and increasing in the future.
Take care,
Jesper

"I am become Death, the destroyer of bicycles." NJS
Edit: Wrong post.

Personally, I wouldn't consider the impact of e-bikes to amount to anything honestly. The number of e-bikes produced every year is in the thousands, compared to millions of units of cars and trucks. Feels like you're nitpicking here.
(07-25-2023, 01:52 PM)Talha Wrote:  Edit: Wrong post.

Personally, I wouldn't consider the impact of e-bikes to amount to anything honestly. The number of e-bikes produced every year is in the thousands, compared to millions of units of cars and trucks. Feels like you're nitpicking here.

There's a genuine need for more eco-friendly transportation options. Even if you aren't particularly concerned about the environment or don't consider yourself an environmentalist, you can't ignore the fact that electric bikes can save you a significant amount of money compared to driving a car. Especially when you choose a brand with an advanced battery management system for their electric bikes.

In my personal experience, I've seen the substantial benefits firsthand. My Maxfoot ebike, in just one month, managed to save me almost $400 compared to what I would have spent on fuel and maintenance if I had opted for driving a car.
(07-26-2023, 05:12 AM)JoeSilver Wrote:  
(07-25-2023, 01:52 PM)Talha Wrote:  Edit: Wrong post.

There's a genuine need for more eco-friendly transportation options. Even if you aren't particularly concerned about the environment or don't consider yourself an environmentalist, you can't ignore the fact that electric bikes can save you a significant amount of money compared to driving a car. Especially when you choose a brand with an advanced battery management system for their electric bikes.

In my personal experience, I've seen the substantial benefits firsthand. My Maxfoot ebike, in just one month, managed to save me almost $400 compared to what I would have spent on fuel and maintenance if I had opted for driving a car.

Well folks it looks as if the "Maxfoot" company is doing a "soft" marketing campaign on the website. It is interesting that no specs or models have yet to be given; nor any comparisons to other brands' models.
Take care,
Jesper

Lol, I think they’re cool but if I’m being completely honest I can buy a moped for less then an e-bike and can ride on roads, they get like 100+ mpg and living in the city bikes are big target for theft while a moped feels a lot more secure. But if that price ever comes down I think it’d be a solid option, just not in its current state.

PS I could be wrong here but aren’t batteries infamously hard to dispose of because of toxicity etc?
I agree with both Jesper and Talha. But sadly batteries are too difficult to dispose of if we forget the toxicity involved during the manufacturing of the said batteries. But, I am starting to wonder too whether this is a "soft" marketing campaign.
(07-26-2023, 08:13 PM)Jesper Wrote:  Well folks it looks as if the "Maxfoot" company is doing a "soft" marketing campaign on the website. It is interesting that no specs or models have yet to be given; nor any comparisons to other brands' models.

Not just Maxfoot. Urban Drift is at it, too.
(07-28-2023, 11:47 AM)enkei Wrote:  
(07-26-2023, 08:13 PM)Jesper Wrote:  Well folks it looks as if the "Maxfoot" company is doing a "soft" marketing campaign on the website. It is interesting that no specs or models have yet to be given; nor any comparisons to other brands' models.

Not just Maxfoot. Urban Drift is at it, too.

Interesting!
I do not really read much regarding different e-bike brands since most are still fairly new to the marketplace overall and have not proven their worth regarding longevity and parts availability 5 to 10 years down the road. I still consider cycling under your own power regardless of whether casual or competitive completely different than e-bike riding which I classify as a motorized sport. I am not denigrating their usage or riders, but even with "pedal assist" it is not the same thing as self-powered cycling.

I read this thread and the other related thread started by the same person due to the title "E-Bikes: Pioneering a Green Revolution in Transportation", but I was immediately struck by the fact that the OP (who also started the other "BRAND I WILL NOT NAME AGAIN" thread as well) brought the attention to that specific brand (no model ever provided) when the thread (which sounds like the title of a thesis study) was just a generalization of e-bikes and their ecologocal impact.
The OP seemed to want to push a brand by saying: "...BRAND I WILL NOT NAME AGAIN e-bike, one of the best company's electric bicycles...". If I had made a statement like that I would feel the need to justify it other than making it my personal opinion without facts and comparisons. It's kind of like passing a coffee shop that states "World's Best Coffee" as an advertisement hook. I have done advertising and marketing for others, as well as for one of my previous businesses and I am well aware of the differences. Essentially, when it looks like a duck, quacks like a duck, and walks like a duck; it's a DUCK!.
In the "E-bike Adventures: A new perspective on travelling" thread, the same OP almost immediately brings up his "BRAND I WILL NOT NAME AGAIN" bike like it is the only bike out there, and in a later post he again singles out "BRAND I WILL NOT NAME AGAIN" in a direct marketing manner stating: "One of the best things about e-bikes, especially BRAND I WILL NOT NAME AGAIN E-bikes...". Like I said; a duck! Why would you use the term "especially" unless you have comparative knowledge regarding other brands' models.
Another poster in the "E-bike Adventures" post almost immediately goes off-topic making a statement about the high cost of e-bikes, but then says how affordable his "BRAND I WILL NOT NAME AGAIN" e-bike is. This is a commonly used tactic (especially nowadays online) to have multiple entities providing positive feedback and/or exposure of a product. It is easily done by one person who is often just an independent marketing agent working for whatever company pays them. They have no true brand knowledge and are just getting a company's name repeated exposure to potential buyers in a select market; in this case bike riders.
I would have no problem if either poster openly states that they have never ridden any other e-bike, and/or are intentionally plugging a specific brand. There is no way that these general posts that are not initially targeting a specific brand both end up with 2 different posters continually naming the "BRAND I WILL NOT NAME AGAIN" brand; even as a rebuttal to one of my comments. I went to the "BRAND I WILL NOT NAME AGAIN" website and brought forth my concern and received no reply except that they were unavaiable at that time (they have me email, why not answer?).
Take care,
Jesper

I Heart my BIWNNA Big Grin