Have questions or want to discuss cycling? Join Now or Sign In to participate in the BikeRide community.

New: Take Part in the Latest Giveaway coming soon

E-Bike Adventures: A New Perspective on Traveling
Greetings, fellow travelers!

Have you ever given thought to the possibility of employing an electric bike for your adventures? My time spent traveling with my Maxfoot has presented me with a one-of-a-kind opportunity to get more in tune with the natural world and discover the areas immediately around me. Not only does it make it possible for me to travel longer distances than I could on foot, but it also makes it possible for me to traverse terrains that would be difficult to cover in a vehicle.

E-biking provides a feeling of independence as well as access to routes that are less often traversed. More people should give this eco-friendly and entertaining mode of transportation a go since it's a great way to see the world.

Does anyone else have e-bike trip stories? It would mean the world to me to get to hear them!
I like the fact that it makes urban riding so much easier. I know there are many models of e-bikes from mountain to gravel, fat tire bikes, etc. But I can't explain how much I love the traditional purpose of e-bikes: city commute. There's no more sweating as with traditional bikes and you can ride up slopes without a hassle. If you live in the middle of the city where you're annoyed by traffic in rush hour, the cycle lane almost feels like a life hack. Plus, with a motor powering your ride, you don't have to wear the shorts and sweat free shirt. You can just be in your plain old clothes and travel from home to work or a meeting. I would love to see lighter frames tho and I have seen some carbon options, but they're not really completely carbon. Second, I would want them to be more affordable
(07-25-2023, 01:54 PM)Talha Wrote:  I like the fact that it makes urban riding so much easier. I know there are many models of e-bikes from mountain to gravel, fat tire bikes, etc. But I can't explain how much I love the traditional purpose of e-bikes: city commute. There's no more sweating as with traditional bikes and you can ride up slopes without a hassle. If you live in the middle of the city where you're annoyed by traffic in rush hour, the cycle lane almost feels like a life hack. Plus, with a motor powering your ride, you don't have to wear the shorts and sweat free shirt. You can just be in your plain old clothes and travel from home to work or a meeting. I would love to see lighter frames tho and I have seen some carbon options, but they're not really completely carbon. Second, I would want them to be more affordable

Oh, I completely resonate with your love for urban riding on e-bikes! There's something truly special about the traditional purpose of e-bikes, especially for city commuting. I can't express enough how much easier it is to navigate the bustling streets without sweating or feeling exhausted.

One of the best things about e-bikes, especially Maxfoot E-bikes, is the effortless way they handle slopes and hills. It's like having a superpower that propels you forward without any hassle. Living in the city's heart, dealing with rush hour traffic can be such a headache, but having a dedicated cycle lane feels like a life hack.

The convenience of not having to wear specific cycling gear is a game-changer too. I can hop on my e-bike in my regular clothes and travel from home to work or any meeting, looking presentable and comfortable.
(07-25-2023, 01:54 PM)Talha Wrote:  I like the fact that it makes urban riding so much easier. I know there are many models of e-bikes from mountain to gravel, fat tire bikes, etc. But I can't explain how much I love the traditional purpose of e-bikes: city commute. There's no more sweating as with traditional bikes and you can ride up slopes without a hassle. If you live in the middle of the city where you're annoyed by traffic in rush hour, the cycle lane almost feels like a life hack. Plus, with a motor powering your ride, you don't have to wear the shorts and sweat free shirt. You can just be in your plain old clothes and travel from home to work or a meeting. I would love to see lighter frames tho and I have seen some carbon options, but they're not really completely carbon. Second, I would want them to be more affordable

In fact, there are quite a few electric bike brands on the market currently, and they are all at high prices. Are they really worth that much? Reaching two or three thousand? I feel like most people can't afford that. I had the desire to buy an electric bike before, as you mentioned, its applications are incredibly versatile. However, when I saw the price, I hesitated. Later, I came across Maxfoot's folding bike, and it was priced at just $999! I eventually decided to take advantage of the discount and make the purchase. Now, it has become my most frequently used means of transportation in daily life.
(07-26-2023, 02:48 AM)JamesWilliam007 Wrote:  

Oh, I completely resonate with your love for urban riding on e-bikes! There's something truly special about the traditional purpose of e-bikes, especially for city commuting. I can't express enough how much easier it is to navigate the bustling streets without sweating or feeling exhausted.

One of the best things about e-bikes, especially Maxfoot E-bikes, is the effortless way they handle slopes and hills. It's like having a superpower that propels you forward without any hassle. Living in the city's heart, dealing with rush hour traffic can be such a headache, but having a dedicated cycle lane feels like a life hack.

The convenience of not having to wear specific cycling gear is a game-changer too. I can hop on my e-bike in my regular clothes and travel from home to work or any meeting, looking presentable and comfortable.

Are you a marketing agent for "Maxfoot"? You state "especially" like you have compared many e-bikes and for whatever reason "Maxfoot" is better than those you have presumably test rode except you provided no reference to other brands or models. Since you specifically reference "Maxfoot", on what basis do you make your comments regarding "Maxfoot" compared to other similarly designed e-bikes? You have provided no details regarding the model of your "Maxfoot", its cost as you purchased it, or its features; all of which are important when comparing e-bikes when making a decision to purchase one.
Take care,
Jesper

"I am become Death, the destroyer of bicycles." NJS
(07-26-2023, 05:21 AM)Jesper Wrote:  

Are you a marketing agent for "Maxfoot"? You state "especially" like you have compared many e-bikes and for whatever reason "Maxfoot" is better than those you have presumably test rode except you provided no reference to other brands or models. Since you specifically reference "Maxfoot", on the basis do you make your comments regarding "Maxfoot" compared to other similarly designed e-bikes? You have provided no details regarding the model of your "Maxfoot", its cost as you purchased it, or its features; all of which are important when comparing e-bikes when making a decision to purchase one.

I apologize for any confusion in my previous response. Allow me to clarify that I am not a marketing agent for "Maxfoot" or any other brand. I am an adventure lover here to share and hear my and other adventure lover's personal experiences.

To address your concerns, I use the name "Beloved Ebike Brand" because I am a satisfied owner of the Maxfoot Ebike and have had a positive experience with the product. My intention was to share just my personal journey.

Since I got my Maxfoot Ebike, I've been amazed by its power and performance. The impressive battery life allows me to cover long distances without any worries. The build quality is sturdy, making it a reliable companion on rough terrains. What I love the most is the smooth and seamless transition between pedal-assist and pure electric mode, which allows me to tailor my rides according to the terrain and my energy levels.

I hope this clears up any misunderstanding, and I'm excited to hear about your experiences with e-bikes or any other thoughts on the topic. Let's continue our discussions and share our love for e-bike adventures!
Hello JamesWilliam007, welcome to the forum. Just curious whether you have flown with your e-bike. If so how did you fly? I have flown with my fat bike (regular) to South America and now to Asia. I know airlines don't allow e-bikes specifically because of the battery. Otherwise, I agree that e-bikes do open another avenue of exploring new places..

(07-27-2023, 02:36 PM)JamesWilliam007 Wrote:  

Are you a marketing agent for "Maxfoot"? You state "especially" like you have compared many e-bikes and for whatever reason "Maxfoot" is better than those you have presumably test rode except you provided no reference to other brands or models. Since you specifically reference "Maxfoot", on the basis do you make your comments regarding "Maxfoot" compared to other similarly designed e-bikes? You have provided no details regarding the model of your "Maxfoot", its cost as you purchased it, or its features; all of which are important when comparing e-bikes when making a decision to purchase one.

I apologize for any confusion in my previous response. Allow me to clarify that I am not a marketing agent for "Maxfoot" or any other brand. I am an adventure lover here to share and hear my and other adventure lover's personal experiences.

To address your concerns, I use the name "Beloved Ebike Brand" because I am a satisfied owner of the Maxfoot Ebike and have had a positive experience with the product. My intention was to share just my personal journey.

Since I got my Maxfoot Ebike, I've been amazed by its power and performance. The impressive battery life allows me to cover long distances without any worries. The build quality is sturdy, making it a reliable companion on rough terrains. What I love the most is the smooth and seamless transition between pedal-assist and pure electric mode, which allows me to tailor my rides according to the terrain and my energy levels.

I hope this clears up any misunderstanding, and I'm excited to hear about your experiences with e-bikes or any other thoughts on the topic. Let's continue our discussions and share our love for e-bike adventures!

I have seen e-mountain bikes high up in the mountains of Colombia and Ecuador. Those were truly beautiful but brutal climbs. The e-bikes made it a bit easier for the riders (I guess) as long as they didn't get run out of juice or needed a repair or such. Then again these were supported group rides so they had enough support. Do let me know if you have found a way to fly with the battery of the e-bikes, though.

(07-25-2023, 08:26 AM)JamesWilliam007 Wrote:  Greetings, fellow travelers!

Have you ever given thought to the possibility of employing an electric bike for your adventures? My time spent traveling with my Maxfoot has presented me with a one-of-a-kind opportunity to get more in tune with the natural world and discover the areas immediately around me. Not only does it make it possible for me to travel longer distances than I could on foot, but it also makes it possible for me to traverse terrains that would be difficult to cover in a vehicle.

E-biking provides a feeling of independence as well as access to routes that are less often traversed. More people should give this eco-friendly and entertaining mode of transportation a go since it's a great way to see the world.

Does anyone else have e-bike trip stories? It would mean the world to me to get to hear them!
(07-27-2023, 02:36 PM)JamesWilliam007 Wrote:  

I understand. Of course then you would not need to repeat the brand "Maxbike" (intensional misuse of name) since e-bike would do just fine due you having no other reference to go by other than the one ebike you ride now..
Take care,
Jesper

The feeling of independence that comes with e-biking is truly liberating, and the ease of zipping through diverse terrains added an element of thrill to my adventure. What struck me most was the connection to nature that an e-bike provides. I felt like I was part of the environment rather than just a spectator passing by. And the best part? No worries about parking or traffic snarls! It's like having the best of both worlds – the freedom of a bike and the range of a vehicle.
I would just like to add:

"EAT AT JOE'S!"

Joe's diner is the most impressive brand of diner available on the market today. I'm amazed by how well I eat and how tasty the food is when I explore the options available on the richly varied and enticing menu.

Joe's diner has revolutionised my living experiences, helping me get closer to nature, avoiding the parking hassles at other big culinary chains, and giving me new-found freedoms when it comes to dining.

What adventures have you enjoyed at your local Joe's diner?

Try the pie... it's peachy keen!
Thanks for turning a cycling site into an online marketing site! Whether it is human or A.I. driven, it just bogs down a website.
By the way you will have a much closer contact with nature while also being able to appreciate the body nature gave you by riding under your own power. As for e-bike range; I can also go farther on my 90 year old bicycle than any e-bike yet made without "recharging".

Thanks for the "Joe's Diner" referral @enkei
I recently went there for a meal and I was instantly swept away by a feeling of independence in being able to choose an independent food source staffed by smiling, singing, and dancing woodland gnomes. The best thing was having the freedom to choose my meal from the wide range of dishes offered on their menu.
Take care,
Jesper

Big Grin 
(08-09-2023, 12:29 PM)Jesper Wrote:  Thanks for turning a cycling site into an online marketing site! Whether it is human or A.I. driven, it just bogs down a website.
By the way you will have a much closer contact with nature while also being able to appreciate the body nature gave you by riding under your own power. As for e-bike range; I can also go farther on my 90 year old bicycle than any e-bike yet made without "recharging".

Thanks for the "Joe's Diner" referral @enkei
I recently went there for a meal and I was instantly swept away by a feeling of independence in being able to choose an independent food source staffed by smiling, singing, and dancing woodland gnomes. The best thing was having the freedom to choose my meal from the wide range of dishes offered on their menu.

LOL
Lectric XPedition Takes on a 2600-mile Adventure

https://cleantechnica.com/2023/08/18/lectric-expedition-takes-on-a-2600-mile-adventure/amp

[Image: wa-to-oh.png]

[Image: lectric-adventure_4-scaled.jpg]
While I don't have any e-bike travel stories to share, I can definitely relate to the love of exploring new places on two wheels. I often embark on long-distance adventures with my trusty regular bike, relishing the opportunity to soak in the views and connect with the world around me. I imagine an e-bike would add even more comfort and mobility to these adventures, so I'm definitely intrigued to give it a try.