Have questions or want to discuss cycling? Join Now or Sign In to participate in the BikeRide community.

New: Take Part in the June Giveaway to Win the Kazam Buddi 20" Aluminum Trailer Bike

Vintage Miyata Track Bike
Hi, I am the original owner of a vintage late 1970s or 1980s Miyata Professional steel double butted chromoly Track Bike. I was not able to find a serial # on it to determine the model or exact year it was manufactured. I bought the bike in 1980 from Shaw's cycles in San Jose Ca. I was told that the bike was featured at one of the World Bike Shows I'm guessing in the late 1970s.
I raced this bike as a Cat3 racer on the Hellyer Park Velodrome in San Jose which is still actively used. Any help in determining the model/year would be greatly appreciated. Thank you,

Attached Files Image(s)

@Jlpride Nice track frame/bike.
Is the crankset original to when you bought it. I understand that the chainring may have been replaced, but if the cranks are original there might be a date code on them that will help date it to usually within a year. What make are the cranks?

It might help if you post some clear photos of specific details: head badge, fork crown, front and rear drop-outs (serial # might be stamped on either one, inside or outside), seat cluster, head lugs, tubing decal if present, underside of bottom bracket shell, etc.

When you stated that the bike was featured at a bike show do mean that specific bike or the same model? When you purchased it was it a shop item on sale or was it ordered for your size?
Take care,
Jesper

"I am become Death, the destroyer of bicycles." NJS
Welcome to the site. cool bike but out of my wheel house!
There are two kinds of people in the world, "Those who help themselves to people, and those who help people!"

Possibly Related Threads...