Have questions or want to discuss cycling? Join Now or Sign In to participate in the BikeRide community.

New: Take Part in the March Giveaway: Coming Soon

Delta Michelangelo bike stand is ideal for apartments
I just wanted to let people know, if you live in a rented apartment (or even a house) where you can't drill into the wall or ceiling to install other types of bike stands, I recently bought this excellent 'gravity' stand.

It's the Delta Cycles Michelangelo and it simply leans against the wall, giving you an easy and efficient way to keep two full-size bikes up off the floor and out of the way.

To be honest, I was a little underwhelmed by the construction and finishing when I first got it. I went so far as to install it far away from anything (like me) that could get damaged if the stand collapsed but after several months, it's shown no signs of impending doom. It also seems to sit there very happily, not moving around or sliding.

It comes with a couple of additional hooks for hanging up helmets, etc. There's a little rubber pad at the top, where it leans against the wall, to stop the metal digging into the wall. There's also a small strap that's designed to be secure to the wall but that kind of defeats the purpose of buying this for a rented property, doesn't it?

I picked mine up on sale through Amazon at way less than competing products, which is why I decided to give it a try.

One thing to be wary of, however, is that I'm not sure this stand is suitable if you have a couple of heavy bikes, like say e-bikes or fat bikes. The manufacturer says it can support up to 36kg (80 pounds). I'm not sure I'd want to test that limit.

Also, if you have kids or pets that run around bumping into things, you probably want something more secure.

In any case, this stand has made living in a small apartment with three bicycles a lot less of a pain. If I buy a fourth bike, I might get another of these stands.

I've attached a photo showing the stand holding my single-speed bike and my hybrid/touring/shopping bike.

I hope this little review comes in handy.

For some reason, the photo didn't attach to my post...

Which reminds me: the other great thing with this stand is that it leaves enough room for the radiator, too.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post

10-24-2010, 12:52 AM
Last Post: buzz

04-23-2010, 10:43 PM
Last Post: jr14