Have questions or want to discuss cycling? Join Now or Sign In to participate in the BikeRide community.

New: Take Part in the March Giveaway: Coming Soon 3/24

Which aspects of e-bikes do you think are the most important? Why?
Definitely the battery power. Needs to last a long time. Don't want to go too slow either, though.
(08-02-2021, 05:55 PM)Nicholas Wrote:  Hello, bike riders!
Have you ever considered buying an e-bike or do you already own one? Let's share our opinions about e-bikes and their most important aspects.

• What's the most important aspect of electric bikes and why? Is it the battery life? Is it the max speed?
  • What would you consider the most when choosing an e-bike?
  • What's your e-bike ride destination - a short trip to the grocery store or a multiple day bike tour? Who would be your ride buddy?

The most important aspect in my opinion is battery life as I'd be using an ebike to minimize my carbon footprint a little bit by usi g an ebike to get to work and not my gas powered car
(09-08-2022, 04:05 AM)LoneRyder Wrote:  So it's got to have a good battery life, with a strong motor.

Along with good battery life and a strong motor with smooth power delivery with a natural feel is very important. On and off surging power delivery I do not like. Little noise from the motor is a must. If it is electric it should be quiet!
Battery life, speed, and smooth ride
I would love to ride.
An e-bike would be heaven sent to me.
Battery life would the most important aspect when buying an e-bike.
Have you ever considered buying an e-bike or do you already own one? Let's share our opinions about e-bikes and their most important aspects.

I have a muscle disease and I would love to ride a bike again and ride with friends. My husband has wanted one also ever since we visited someone that had one. It would make hunting for him so much easier.
Thank you for the opportunity.
  • What's the most important aspect of electric bikes and why? Is it the battery life? Is it the max speed?
  • What's your e-bike ride destination - a short trip to the grocery store or a multiple day bike tour? Who would be your ride buddy?
I think that weight is a consideration - we have two e-bikes and finding a carrier that will handle them both has been a challenge.
COOL QUALITY GOOD PRODUCT GOOD PRICE
Battery life is huge, but after that I’d say the top 2 is the force on it, aka knowing if you’re on a steep hill, it has the power to go then 1 or 2 mph. Then just being agile so it’s like I’m riding a bike not a huge motorcycle or dirt bike.

at time I have, mainly as a way to commute, but cycling would stay standard
It's important to have an ebike with a long battery life and keep going for long miles throughout the day or 2 without having to be recharged too often. When it comes to choosing an ebike, it's the look and how well it handles on and off the road. I want an ebike to be able to commute to the grocery stores and to work on a daily basis.
I would love an e-bike with great battery life, and range, so I can use it for daily shopping and visiting my friends who are a bit of distance away from each other.
As a super obese man, I'd say load capacity and battery life. Many people like me would love for a better way to live a healthier lifestyle and e-bikes are a great tool toward that goal. I have tried out a 250w hub motor e-bike before and was surprised it could haul me, which made taking a short ride extremely enjoyable despite the bike being too small for me. I used to bike often in my teenage years and part of the enjoyment was being able to enjoy the sights around me, which is something high speed can take away since you'll be too focused on the road and zipping past everything. Hoping to have an e-bike of my own someday.

There are a lot of things. From cargo to food delivery. These bikes have literally created jobs and people use them daily.
But I'm gonna talk about the MTB and gravel aspects. One thing I like about them is the power they have. You can literally go up a slope which would break your legs. I can cover more ground quicker and it's a lot of fun. Sure it takes away that feeling of a standard MTB with all the batteries and motor power, but you can go areas you previously couldn't.
These are useful for beginner biker exploring trails with experienced MTB riders because they can keep up with them. If you're battery isn't built into the frame, you can swap it for a fresh one and go for 3 more hours on the trail on pure motor.
I'd love to own an eBike, but the price of a decent one is out of reach and the cheap ones aren't worth what they cost.
I guess a bike would be fun, but where I live it just isn't useful for transportation and I don't see enough time to make the "fun" worth the cost.

An E-bike would be very viable for me if if I were older and I'd need one to keep up with younger people, maybe my kids or younger friends
Heart 
I've always wanted an ebike since I was a kid. I love that they don't need gas to run and that you can also pedal them as well. I just think they're an awesome alternative mode of transportation.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post