Have questions or want to discuss cycling? Join Now or Sign In to participate in the BikeRide community.

New: Take Part in the Latest Giveaway coming soon

Which aspects of e-bikes do you think are the most important? Why?
Bike tour would be cool.
I'm ready for an E-BIKE!
I'd go with battery life as most important. Don't want to have to think about it much or spend too much time preparing before each ride. I'd like one mainly as a car alternative - use it to run errands around town without getting too sweaty. Reliability over time and storage posibilities (baskets, etc.) would be primary concerns.
Battery life is most important to me so I can maximize my time out on the bike wether is be for leisure or commuting
The power of the motor is most important as I live in a higher elevation area where long stretch of steep road are prevalent
Range would be my #1 factor in getting an e-bike.
Motor and a good battery size is a must
Battery safety and longterm support (simpler universal designs are better).
I feel like e-bikes are just too heavy. I have seen riders struggle when they are trying to bring their bikes up the stairs/into the building. Sadly, you can't fly on an airplane with an e-bike. But a great alternative/help if you need that little push.

I did see e-mountain bikes in South America and that was cool. As long as they don't get a flat, they will enjoy the ride better than any of us.
as a disabled user on a limited income, i would be looking at cost, weight restrictions, battery duration, and motor type (its gotta be able to get me uphills with very little help....
I would love to have an ebike with a great battery range and I can travel long distances at a time without any worries.
The most important aspect of an e-bike is that it should be in a form where the police won't stop or question it.
Weight and usability when the battery is flat.

If I forget to charge or go a long distance, I want to be able to ride home like it's a normal bike as much as possible. I'm not too worried about the battery capacity if I can just ride it when its flat like a normal bike. It also makes it nicer to ride past the speed limiter, my current ebike has a small battery but If I leave it on assist I am usually going faster than the limiter anyway so it uses no power until I hit a hill which means my tiny battery lasts me a week of commuting.

I'm really thankful for my ebike this week, I came off my acoustic bike in the weekend and messed up my shoulder so I cant stand up out of the saddle for hills so the ebike is my only way to get to work.
Hello,

The most important aspects of e-bikes, in my opinion, are their potential to transform transportation and sustainability. E-bikes offer a cleaner, more energy-efficient alternative to traditional vehicles, reducing our carbon footprint and combating climate change. Additionally, their accessibility and affordability can promote healthier and more active lifestyles, while easing traffic congestion and parking issues in urban areas. E-bikes are not just a mode of transport; they represent a shift towards a more sustainable, efficient, and healthier future for our cities and our planet.
what is the weight, need one for a woman to be able to control
Hello, I am new here and curious about this also
(08-02-2021, 05:55 PM)Nicholas Wrote:  Hello, bike riders!
Have you ever considered buying an e-bike or do you already own one?

I was a cyclist for many years. Sometimes just recreationally, sometimes as my primary or only transportation. Bad knees and a fused ankle have pretty much ended my riding.

Where I live any riding would be recreational because there isn't really anything where a bike would be practical transportation.

I do have an old etrike that belonged to my late wife when we used to go riding together. During the summer I sometimes charged its battery and took it out -- just to keep it working rather than for the sake of riding it (riding a trike still just feels strange to me, although I could probably get used to it if I rode it more.

I'd like to have an ebike to ride a bit, but a decent ebike is a bit too expensive for what use I could expect to get of it and the few cheap ones aren't worth getting.
Should be Comfortable with good battery life
Definitely Range and Speed and it should be easy to repair.
Its got to be the battery because I would like to expect my ebike to make it to the base miles that it claims for the amount of whatever times i'm riding it for.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post