Have questions or want to discuss cycling? Join Now or Sign In to participate in the BikeRide community.

New: Take Part in the Latest Giveaway coming soon

Which aspects of e-bikes do you think are the most important? Why?
(08-02-2021, 05:55 PM)Nicholas Wrote:  Hello, bike riders!
Have you ever considered buying an e-bike or do you already own one? Let's share our opinions about e-bikes and their most important aspects.

• What's the most important aspect of electric bikes and why? Is it the battery life? Is it the max speed?
  • What would you consider the most when choosing an e-bike?
  • What's your e-bike ride destination - a short trip to the grocery store or a multiple day bike tour? Who would be your ride buddy?

Just learning about ebikes. But seems to me the battery is vital (reliability, longevity, power, etc) to a good ebike. Affordability is right up there too.
comfortability, aesthetics, range, and battery life
The old me would always place speed above everything else. However, it's important to remember that it is a E-Bike and unless your getting the highest end E-Bike then Speed isn't necessarily that important as most are fast enough. Obviously, you don't want a super slow one that negates the point of having a E-Bike but the most important thing to me is probably battery life or miles you can put on it before recharging. It might not seem like much to plug it in each night and it's not but you can forget and if you have a short-range battery then that could cost you especially on days when it might be raining or your tired from a workout and you are using it as a commute.
I would have to say price is the 1st consideration. Some of them cost thousands, which is ridiculous because I can buy a good used car for thousands.

I guess the next considerations are the battery. Is it removable? Are replacements available anywhere else? How many charges can you get out of it?

And finally, range and top speed. How far can it go on a single charge?
Have you ever considered buying an e-bike or do you already own one? Let's share our opinions about e-bikes and their most important aspects.

• What's the most important aspect of electric bikes and why? Is it the battery life? Is it the max speed?
  • What's your e-bike ride destination - a short trip to the grocery store or a multiple day bike tour? Who would be your ride buddy?

Most important is the weight it can carry, at least 280 pounds. Also the weight of the bike itself. It is a real drag trying to get a heavy bike up a flight of stairs.
The most important aspect of electric bikes is the battery life.
When I do consider an e-bike I'm looking for an affordable price range.
I want one to ride and explore the city as well as commute to work and grocery stores.
The aspect that is most important in e-bikes is a long-lasting battery. No one wants to start out on a long ride and lose battery power half way home!
I'd be most concerned with safety (battery safety, smoothness of acceleration, brake quality), build quality and ease of operation. For me, I'd likely use it for errands around down where I don't want to be a sweaty mess, or for friends normally couldn't ride the same pace who want to accompany me.
Rainbow 
I think that it's most important for it to be able to support an overweight person.. For those of us who are obese, and are tying to get into shape and don't have much physical endurance starting out.

I'm another one in this group that is getting old, therefore the luxury of having battery backup starts to become an essential factor.
I think that it's up to 2 factor's, 1. Battery life, if they can keep improving there power, then, sky's the limit. 2. Speed, nobody want's to take forever to get to there location, there butt would be numb, they would be so stressed out before they even start work. I think people would love them so much if they could count on them for there every day life with no problem's from there bike, like a car. Many people live close enough to work or there local store to use them regularly, plugging them in at work for there ride home, watch the weather and your all set. For there price there a great choice for saving money in the family, even up north there is a 5 or so month to use them successfully. I think it's up to the bike manufactures and politician's to get the ball or wheels rolling....
(08-02-2021, 10:22 PM)jenrenh Wrote:  

• what's the most important aspect of electric bikes and why? Is it the battery life? Is it the max speed?
  • what would you consider the most when choosing an e-bike?

I am interested in learning more about e-bikes and possibly owning one. So I don't know too much about them. I would think the battery life would be the most important because it would be a pain to run out of juice when you are not near a charger.

Battery life is most important.
Definitely battery life because I am disabled and I need to know I can get back home after a ride.
range is everything - not living close to much
The range of the battery life is the most important consideration.
I do not own one but I would think #1 is battery life
I don't have an e-bike, but I think the safety and battery life are very important assets of the e-bike. That's what we are looking at when we are purchasing.
For me, it really is the battery life. I need to be able to get good distances, so I can get to and from work. grocery shopping.
So it's got to have a good battery life, with a strong motor.
Battery life and the speed. Don't want to breakdown.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post