Have questions or want to discuss cycling? Join Now or Sign In to participate in the BikeRide community.

New: Take Part in the Latest Giveaway coming soon

What are your best biking places in your city?
The best place for me is at Geres, here in Portugal.
I live in London, so the local Richmond Park is a nice circuit ride.
Dupont State Forest in North Carolina
(07-02-2021, 02:37 PM)Nicholas Wrote:  Hello, bike riders!
Let's share our favorite biking places in our own cities. It can be a loop around the local park, a mountain bike trail or simply your daily morning commute route.

• city & name of the place
  • why is it your favorite?

Cherry Creek State Park in Denver CO
It is very peaceful riding
The best place in my hometown of Mt. Pleasant is Deerfield Park
Mounty Hillary, Cork, Ireland. Love it because there's rarely anybody there!
Let's share our favorite biking places in our own cities. It can be a loop around the local park, a mountain bike trail or simply your daily morning commute route.

My favorite biking place is the Little Miami Bike Trail in Yellow Springs, Ohio.
It has everything. Great scenery, bike maintenance spots to get air even a mount to lift your bike on to make repairs. There are parks and hiking trails you can park and walk. The tail cuts through the town that has lots of shops and resturaunts you can park your bike and relax after a good ride.
[quote='Nicholas' pid='41572' dateline='1625251054']
Hello, bike riders!

Myra Canyon trestles in Kelowna, BC because the views are spectacular!
I’m from denver and my favorite’s definitely Barnum bike park. It’s just built by all the riders that ride there, so everything just works really and is super fun
I like to go biking at Mt Trashmore. Yup that's right! Its a heap of trash with some dirt and grass on it. Its actually very nice here. Look us up in Virginia Beach VA.
Love riding in Henderson park here in my city!
Saskatoon, SK - because it has beautiful city views along the river that are great for bike rides

The Hank Aaron Trail... it goes from the west side to the lakefront
Milwaukee, WI

• city & name of the placeBoise, ID Hill Road
  • why is it your favorite?no stop lights
I used to live near Pebble Beach, CA and I had a big loop that I would do that went around most of Monterey and all of Pacific Grove and Pebble Beach and then back to my house. Lots of big hills, felt good to finish it.
Sebastian Inlet biking trail - great views along the way

Ride a loop around the town. The loop can be 26 miles.

A loop around Jefferson County park in Fairfield Iowa. It is the most scenic pl;ace.
Hi,

Nove Zamky, Slovakia - the trail to Besenov starting from the road to Dvory nad Zitavou. Very calm and nice fields.

Tomas
In Azusa (CA) this route is my favorite https://www.komoot.com/smarttour/10268974. I love to ride in the woods, near the water, or where there are a lot of trees.
Thought I would chime in if folks were in my general area. As a note, all the better cycling routes are away from the major cities. Central, west, and south Florida have some very good trails, paved and packed dirt, and single track.
Gainesville has a decent inner city route, but traffic crossings are a danger. The Hawthorne rail trail is pretty good with some light undulations and a couple scenic rest stops (about 20 miles one way). East central rail trail is good (about 50 mi). Little Talbot Island dune trail (about 5mi). Cady trail (about 12mi)
There are no good places to ride in Jacksonville, FL! It is a cycling nightmare. You can only legally cross the St. Johns river on a couple bridges, on is a death trap, and one is safe only due to new construction.
To enjoy cycling you must visit the Baldwin-Jacksonville rail trail which is a straight flat boring trail, but generally safe and shaded. About 13 miles one way. Another is Ft George Island park, but very short (3-4mi), so you spend more time driving there than actual cycling. The Jacksonville beach cycling is okay at low tide and scenic during sunrise/sunset.

In short, most Florida trails and roadways are easy riding and flat to lightly undulating. Central (Mt Dora elevation about 180ft; a joke of a name, Sugarloaf Mountain about 300ft) and western (Britton Hill elevation about 350ft) Florida will provide the best terrain if you are looking for some hillier cycling. Most Florida trails are very short, very flat (about 10 miles or less) and loop around lakes and waterways. They can be completed in 2 hours or less for very casual cyclists, 1 hour or less for those not taking stops. The longer trails can easily be done in a 1/2 day to a day by most cyclists; and most trails are fairly close to other attractions.
Take care,
Jesper

"I am become Death, the destroyer of bicycles." NJS

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post

11-11-2020, 07:15 PM
Last Post: Renastar