Have questions or want to discuss cycling? Join Now or Sign In to participate in the BikeRide community.

New: Take Part in the Latest Giveaway coming soon

What are your best biking places in your city?
Luckily I Have A Spot Where I Ride Every Saturday Mornings
In Santa Ana River bicycle trail Is Nice Place Close To Home Smile
(07-02-2021, 02:37 PM)Nicholas Wrote:  Hello, bike riders!
Let's share our favorite biking places in our own cities. It can be a loop around the local park, a mountain bike trail or simply your daily morning commute route.

• city & name of the place
  • why is it your favorite?

Congaree Hopkins SC because of the beautiful scenery
Congaree Hopkins SC because of the beautiful scenery
Let's share our favorite biking places in our own cities. It can be a loop around the local park, a mountain bike trail or simply your daily morning commute route.

Atlanta, Piedmont Park
The paths are wide and easy to navigate
There a fantastic paved trail for walkers and bikers that runs about a 25 mile stretch between East Greenbush and Valatie in the Albany NY Capital Region
We have a very scenic trail in Upstate New York that runs along the Hudson River. It's a great outing for novices and experience bikers alike.

I live in South Jersey across the river from Phila, Pa. There is a paved off-road bike path currently under construction that will eventually run from Camden, NJ all the way to the Jersey Shore (50+ miles). At the present time there are multiple shorter paths in various communities that need to be connected but are already usable. When complete, to be able to go such a long distance without having to deal with the usual traffic is a bike riders dream.
The trail from Richmond Indiana to Muncie Indiana. White Water State Park and Houston Woods
Depending on which home I am in, the woods of Pennsylvania have fantastic trails, the Boardwalks of NJ do as well, but my main home is more just riding on sidewalk lol.
I wander in a motor home full time wherever it may be 80 degrees. I like a fast 15 to 20mile ride early in the day. These are my favorite places.

In Florida I like Lake Okeechobee for it’s paved rim. Only traffic is other bikes and hikers. No hills is only shortcoming. 110 miles

In Virginia First Capitol Trail from Richmond to Jamestown, paved, hills and curves. Some roads to cross requiring caution. 50 plus miles

Creve Cour Memorial Park in Maryland Heights Mo paved, hills, curves and too many people on weekends. Connects to Katy Trail which is gravel and can go 300 miles depending on your skill.

GrapevineTexas to Haltom City paved parallel to commuter rail track. Hills, curves bridges, crosses busy streets. Some sections can be too crowded especially on weekends.
Probably the Emerald Necklace, a linkage of metroparks that wraps around the county and surrounding areas from the west to east side.

Our local one is the Rocky River Reservation area.
I love Skopje because it has a great mix of old and new. Also Skopje is my favorite bicycling city because it's a great place to go biking. It has a lot of bike paths and trails, which makes it easy to get around the city without having to worry about getting run over by a car or truck. The weather is also great for biking—it's not too hot or too cold.
I like taking a drive to New Jersey and finding any state parks and just riding through it for a couple of hours.
I'm in NYC and twice a month I would ride through Central Park, from one end to the next. Its like a peaceful getaway it gives, and I enjoy it very much.
The slops in near Seattle Washington I like going sonic fast 😎
Easy one for me, I live about a mile from Betteshanger Country Park (outside Deal, Kent, in England's White Cliffs Country). The former colliery is now a wildlife park with a restaurant, mining museum, children's play area, events venue and great resources for cyclists, including bike hire, mountain bike trails and a 3km tarmac track.

I also have The Cantii Way almost right outside my front door.

Yep, it's tough out here. Big Grin (Granted, a little sunshine would be nice.)
In Sarnia ON we have so many amazing bike trails. I love biking along the waterfront but there are miles of biking along the Howard Watson Trail.
Rome, GA around the rivers

Around the Sepulveda Basin Recreation Area in the San Fernando Valley.
The place I like to bike around is my city as it is very calming and a way to relax.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post

11-11-2020, 07:15 PM
Last Post: Renastar