Have questions or want to discuss cycling? Join Now or Sign In to participate in the BikeRide community.

New: Take Part in the Latest Giveaway coming soon

What are your best biking places in your city?
Banks to Vernonia trail in NW Oregon is a great ride!
I would have to say the best biking place is Cape Henlopen State Park in Lewes Delaware.
Parts of the so-called Louisville Loop are actually good for riding -- other sections are nothing but poorly marked "shared" traffic lanes
hi all newbie here!
My favorite place is, Pipestem State Park in Pipestem, WV. It's so beautiful there! Tons of places to ride and you can see all kinds of wildlife. One of my favorite places to hike too!
i honestly don't know since its been awhile since i could ride a bike.. i've been hoping to get an electric bike so that i could get up some of the hills near me, some of the bike paths ive gone by powerchair around local lakes are nice here in Madison WI.
(07-02-2021, 02:37 PM)Nicholas Wrote:  Hello, bike riders!
Let's share our favorite biking places in our own cities. It can be a loop around the local park, a mountain bike trail or simply your daily morning commute route.

• city & name of the place
  • why is it your favorite?

Jim Thorpe PA
Because it's scenic with a waterfall and easy to ride for a beginner like I am.
No great places to ride around me, a few back roads that are good enough
I live so far out in the middle of nowhere that I'm on a smaller road that runs off of a street named Wilderness Lane. Most of the roads are ok for riding but you have to watch for cars because there is so little traffic that what there is doesn't expect anyone else around.
all over Bend, OR! The routes throughout the Deschutes river are gorgeous.
(07-02-2021, 02:37 PM)Nicholas Wrote:  Hello, bike riders!
Let's share our favorite biking places in our own cities. It can be a loop around the local park, a mountain bike trail or simply your daily morning commute route.

• Fairmount Park, Philadelphia.
  • Lots of wooded trails, Easy to get to/
No good places to ride around Shepherdsville KY
Bernheim Arboretum & Forest
I live about a minute from the Loveland Bike Trail in Cincinnati, Ohio. I can get to several different breweries that are on or near the trail. It's pretty nice.
No great places to ride, a few decent bike routes along the Ohio River but mostly I just ride local neighborhood streets.
Hernando Beach - Weeki Wachee Florida subtropical forest trails are in walking distance or (bike riding) from my house.
In the Phoenix Area, the greenbelt in Scottsdale goes 20 miles on paths that make you feel like you're not in the city.
My favorite place is the Solon Metro Park's in, Solon, Ohio. They go on for a long time and along the way you have, sun, shade, great places to stop and either eat or rest, and the view's are to die for, water fall's and running stream's.. No matter how you feel before you go, when you leave, it's heaven and your day goes great.
Have a nice paved path along Lake Michigan that connects to a gravel path through a state park forest that makes for an easy and scenic 26 mile out and back.
I enjoy rides around the area in Denver. Golden Gate State Park loop is a nice one and the Lookout Mountain loop is great for a shorter ride. But I can explore waaaay further than that on a sunny day Smile
"Uphill, downhill, I like that"

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post

11-11-2020, 07:15 PM
Last Post: Renastar