Have questions or want to discuss cycling? Join Now or Sign In to participate in the BikeRide community.

New: Take Part in the March Giveaway: Coming Soon 3/24

1993 Trek Antelope
My 1993 Trek that I purchased new, and in the last year or so have refurbished with many new/used parts I acquired over the last couple years. Some of those include Shimano XT (rd-m739) rear Derailleur and xt front, LX canti brakes (upgraded pads to Eagle Claw salmon) , Mavic X517 rims/32 spoke/LX Hubs, SRAM Attack gripshift (Shimano compatible) SRAM PG-850 Casette, SRAM PC-48 Chain. Allot of the work I was able to complete thanks to Alex's videos and great advice.

I have much more to do, but my health took a turn for the worst, so I haven't exactly completed everything that needs to be done. I still need to replace the Bottom Bracket and stock Atlus Crank, when I come up with the money. The bike flys, but the bottom bracket is very dodgy at the moment, so I don't get much saddle time.

[attachment=8]
A great choice of frame to upgrade. That bike will last you as long as you want it to. The LX cantilevers are my favorite, I wish they still made those.

Sorry to hear about your health, hope it improves :-)
(12-29-2009, 02:07 AM)Alex Ramon Wrote:  A great choice of frame to upgrade. That bike will last you as long as you want it to. The LX cantilevers are my favorite, I wish they still made those.

Thanks Alex, I love these canti's as well, and with Eagleclaw salmon pads, stops are very quick. The stock LX pads I wasn't to crazy about.

Also forgot to mention, I will probably throw some slicks or semi-slicks in the near future, as I don't plan to do much off-roading.

(12-29-2009, 02:07 AM)Alex Ramon Wrote:  Sorry to hear about your health, hope it improves :-)
Thank you =)
Congratulations on your restore!! Fabulous looking bike. I noticed the spiral/spring looking cable housing going towards the brake? Is that the LX cable housing? Looks really cool. Very sorry about your health and do hope it gets better.
Good maintenance to your Bike, can make it like the wheels are, true and smooth!
(01-01-2010, 04:11 PM)Bill Wrote:  Congratulations on your restore!! Fabulous looking bike. I noticed the spiral/spring looking cable housing going towards the brake? Is that the LX cable housing? Looks really cool. Very sorry about your health and do hope it gets better.

Ty! The spiral wiring is actually my old Vetta C10 computer (still works!) wrapped around the brake cable.
I like the old school look of the tires on that Trek
(01-01-2010, 04:53 PM)Jordan300 Wrote:  I like the old school look of the tires on that Trek

Ty, they are pretty old and surprisingly not dry rotted; front is a Panaracer Dart and the back is a Panaracer Smoke. There pretty aggressive for pavement, but sometimes in this area I'm glade I still have them on. I was run off the road a couple months ago and was able to drop in on someones lawn with out wiping out.
That is a very classy bike. Good work.

Hope you are feeling better.

Lobo
OLD BIKES RULE!
hi am duncan i am 14 and love the old school trek 830 antelope it has been upgraded with new brakes and gears. i Was out and about the town wear i live and i manged to break the back mech and i have looked every where for 1 but just cant find 1 anyone have any clues.
(08-15-2010, 06:26 PM)trek 830 Wrote:  i Was out and about the town wear i live and i manged to break the back mech and i have looked every where for 1 but just cant find 1 anyone have any clues.

Of you're looking for older parts Ebay is your best bet, or try the forum here: http://www.retrobike.co.uk/, you'll also find lots of really nice old school mountain bikes.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post

05-12-2014, 11:15 PM
Last Post: fishboy316

04-29-2014, 09:45 PM
Last Post: Painkiller