Have questions or want to discuss cycling? Join Now or Sign In to participate in the BikeRide community.

New: Take Part in the March Giveaway: Coming Soon

Back on the bike in Wales
Hi people I am new here but like most of you enjoy getting out on my steed. This year has been pretty tough as the Covid rules in Wales meant I could not cycle mopre then five miles. Thankfully this rule has been lifted so I decided to do a nice 70 mile bike ride to get rid of the cobwebs. Wales for those that don't know offers some great places to visit on the bike and I love getting out so I went into the Snowdonia range which is the heart of North Wales. The day was hot and I had put on a bit...ok a lot of weight over lockdown so I did find the going tough but was a epic day I did a small video of my day if you would like to view.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XyjosV7PA1c&t
hello!
thanks for sharing your video and encouraging me to do Google search. it must feel great to be back on bike and outdoors! and you topped it off with some well deserved beer, cheers!
(08-04-2020, 01:33 PM)Papa Dom Wrote:  hello!
thanks for sharing your video and encouraging me to do Google search. it must feel great to be back on bike and outdoors! and you topped it off with some well deserved beer, cheers!

Glad you enjoyed it does feel preety great to be able to go back out I was going a bit crazy stuck at home and nothing like a few beers to celerbrate a great day out.
(08-05-2020, 04:03 AM)outdoor Wales Wrote:  Glad you enjoyed it does feel preety great to be able to go back out I was going a bit crazy stuck at home and nothing like a few beers to celerbrate a great day out.

Thanks for the the ride through your country "Wales".
With my area going through a surge of the virus and working at a hospital, I have not been on 2 wheels seriously in 1 1/2 months. Gained near 10% weight over the last 4 months since I have been unable to get out for many reasons; not to mention enjoying of a pint or 2 myself, but not burning those calories back off.
Beautiful area you have there; just the name Snowdonia sounds enchanting, and then there's a dragon to boot! I'm doing more building and testing than riding, but still accomplishing something.
Might I ask what size tires and pressure you are riding at?

Please be safe in your endeavors when in public.
Ride Fast, Be Safe!
Howard
(08-05-2020, 02:16 PM)Criminal Wrote:  
(08-05-2020, 04:03 AM)outdoor Wales Wrote:  Glad you enjoyed it does feel preety great to be able to go back out I was going a bit crazy stuck at home and nothing like a few beers to celerbrate a great day out.

Thanks for the the ride through your country "Wales".
With my area going through a surge of the virus and working at a hospital, I have not been on 2 wheels seriously in 1 1/2 months. Gained near 10% weight over the last 4 months since I have been unable to get out for many reasons; not to mention enjoying of a pint or 2 myself, but not burning those calories back off.
Beautiful area you have there; just the name Snowdonia sounds enchanting, and then there's a dragon to boot! I'm doing more building and testing than riding, but still accomplishing something.
Might I ask what size tires and pressure you are riding at?

Please be safe in your endeavors when in public.

I feel you bud I have but on well over a stone through lockdown and has been a really testing time for me as had to work some days and had a lot of negative comments when on my bike. Thankfully its got better and hoping we do not go back down into lockdown. Glad your keeping busy I am no good at putting bikes togeather so mostly watched crap on T.V through lockdown lol.
Yep Snowdonia is an amazing place with plenty to do and a very old country so plenty of history and folk law around. The tire size is 700 x 45 and I normally keep my tire pressure around 60 but can depend on what terrian I am going to attempt that day.
Hope you can get back out and ride soon and stay safe Smile