Have questions or want to discuss cycling? Join Now or Sign In to participate in the BikeRide community.

New: Take Part in the Latest Giveaway coming soon

VINER
No Viners from search on this site so now we have one; albeit old with a hodgepodge of parts. One of my large frames I ride and loan out. Unknown model and year. Camp headset, NR old RD, newer FD, shifters, and post; Gran sport crankset, pedals, and one brake lever. Cheap calipers, bar and saddle; one Weinmann brake lever, Weinmann rims, Wheel Master hubs, SR Stem, Sun Tour Pro Compe 5 spd FW, Sedis chain. Columbus SL frame. Sorry, not a show bike, but still a solid runner.

Attached Files Image(s)

Take care,
Jesper

"I am become Death, the destroyer of bicycles." NJS
Is Viner another Italian bike brand?

edit ... oh okay found it: http://www.classicrendezvous.com/Italy/VINER_main.htm
Autobahn
(01-09-2020, 10:34 AM)G_M Wrote:  Is Viner another Italian bike brand?

edit ... oh okay found it: http://www.classicrendezvous.com/Italy/VINER_main.htm

Yes, another Italian artisan brand, but one of the few that survived the "boom" as a frame builder. It's nice to have a '70s or earlier frame and know that it was more than likely built by the "man" himself or his "well-schooled" apprentice. I know that Viviano Nerozzi (spelling?) passed, but I don't know if the brand folded; I don't follow much in cycling manufacture after the '90s; molded carbon designs do not appeal to me, they are like the "egg McMuffins" of bikes, but they serve their purpose. I did get a 2011 Gios, but all lugged steel goodness! I generally ride/rebuild Italian bikes so that's what most of my posts will relate to.

Thanks for following my ongoing obsession.
Jesper
Take care,
Jesper

(01-09-2020, 03:27 PM)Jesper Wrote:  I know that Viviano Nerozzi (spelling?) passed, but I don't know if the brand folded

From Classic Rendezvous: "Sadly, Viner closed it's doors in 2013, although the brand continues under new ownership and produced by vendors..."

I am fascinated by vintage bicycles and seeing your posts is pleasure to my eyes, meaning that I am looking forward to next ones. Some of them are news to me, such as Colnago Carbitubo for instance.
Autobahn
(01-10-2020, 04:55 PM)G_M Wrote:  
(01-09-2020, 03:27 PM)Jesper Wrote:  I know that Viviano Nerozzi (spelling?) passed, but I don't know if the brand folded

From Classic Rendezvous: "Sadly, Viner closed it's doors in 2013, although the brand continues under new ownership and produced by vendors..."

I am fascinated by vintage bicycles and seeing your posts is pleasure to my eyes, meaning that I am looking forward to next ones. Some of them are news to me, such as Colnago Carbitubo for instance.

Thank you for the update, that's too bad, but still impressive that they were around that long for a relatively small/unknown (at least in the US) marque.
Thank you also for the kind remarks.
Take care,
Jesper