Have questions or want to discuss cycling? Join Now or Sign In to participate in the BikeRide community.

New: Take Part in the March Giveaway: Coming Soon 3/24

2009 CANNONDALE CADD9 HAND MADE IN USA
[attachment=3796][attachment=3789][attachment=3790][attachment=3791][attachment=3792][attachment=3793][attachment=3794][attachment=3795]this is my new baby .2009 CANNONDALE CADD9 HAND MADE IN USA.
i build this bike and take me 2 days i was build with the tiagra components so i repleced with this .
shifters shimano 105 3x9 speed.
handlebars FSA WING PRO COMPACT SIZE 42 cm.
STEM FSA SLK WHIT TI BOLTS SIZE 90 mm.
FRONT AND REAR BRAKES SHIMANO ULTEGRA BR-6600 SL .
SEAT SPECIALIZED ALIAS 143 CARBON.
SEATPOST THOMSON ELITE SIZE 27.2.
SEATPOST COLLAR THOMSON SIZE 31.8.
2 SPECIALIZED BOTTLE CAGES.
FRONT DERAILLEUR SHIMANO ULTEGRA BR-6603 SL TRIPLE SIZE 34.9.
REAR DERAILLEUR SHIMANO ULTEGRA BR-6500 LONG CAGE TRIPLE.
CRANK SET FSA GOSSAMER TRIPLE 172.5.
FSA BOTTOM BRACKET
shimano chain..
RIMS MAVIC AKSIUM RACE .
TIRES MICHELIN PRO 2 FRONT AND REAR MAXXIS DETONATOR 700x23c
Always a Cannondale man Tino. Glad to see you back. Nice looking bike.
awesome bike Tino! where the heck you been?
There are two kinds of people in the world, "Those who help themselves to people, and those who help people!"
Wow hey there Tino. Welcome back with a very nice bike!!! Smile
Good maintenance to your Bike, can make it like the wheels are, true and smooth!
(12-07-2012, 05:51 PM)painkiller Wrote:  awesome bike Tino! where the heck you been?.
i b and home take care my First litle baby gril know she is 7 months old so im back on bussines.

(12-08-2012, 12:05 PM)Bill Wrote:  Wow hey there Tino. Welcome back with a very nice bike!!! Smile
thanks Bill this is my new toy .
Sweet bike..... I wish I knew how to build one.

How much of a budget it would be to build a road bike....lets say with completetely used components kind of on the cheao side ?...+ tools?

I might be interested in building one. Put some money aside when Tax season if its not too much money though.
(12-09-2012, 02:01 PM)Giulianna23 Wrote:  Sweet bike..... I wish I knew how to build one.

How much of a budget it would be to build a road bike....lets say with completetely used components kind of on the cheao side ?...+ tools?

I might be interested in building one. Put some money aside when Tax season if its not too much money though.
. To much money
I imagine that in Cannondales production it is an aluminum frame. Goes to show that while many like steel frames well build aluminum frames still rock.

ANND aluminum frames do not rust. My road bike 1985 Fuji is quad butted steel and very lively and quick, my MB is 1990 Schwinn aluminum. Solid and stable.
Never Give Up!!!
(01-14-2013, 02:32 PM)GeorgeET Wrote:  I imagine that in Cannondales production it is an aluminum frame. Goes to show that while many like steel frames well build aluminum frames still rock.

ANND aluminum frames do not rust. My road bike 1985 Fuji is quad butted steel and very lively and quick, my MB is 1990 Schwinn aluminum. Solid and stable.

yes george is aluminum frame and i love Cannondale bikes.
this baby is ready for a ride
I am itching for a ride too. I was up around Chicago the other day looking for bicyles, Oaklawn to Hanover park. Took a break and ate a place called Portillo's. Man was that good !
There are two kinds of people in the world, "Those who help themselves to people, and those who help people!"
(03-16-2013, 09:38 PM)painkiller Wrote:  I am itching for a ride too. I was up around Chicago the other day looking for bicyles, Oaklawn to Hanover park. Took a break and ate a place called Portillo's. Man was that good !

nice i work in portillos and barnellis side is a really good foood
hi friend this baby have new upgrades ..
crankset shimano dura ace double 7800.
front derailleur shimano dura ace double 7800.
rear derailleur shimano dura ace 7800.
front left and right shifters shimano dura ace 7800 2x10 speed .
cassette shimano dura ace 7900 10 speed.
brakes front and rear shimano dura ace 7900.
fork easton ec90 super lite.
fsa wing pro handlebar white.
3t arx -team stem.
fizik aliantecarbon twin flex kium rails saddle.
look leo sprint pedals.
specialized elite computer.
i post pictures later
(12-09-2012, 02:01 PM)Giulianna23 Wrote:  Sweet bike..... I wish I knew how to build one.

Building with all new parts costs 50-100% more than buying the bike whole. With used parts you may be able to build up a bike at the same or less cost than the same bike new - but:

- It would not be a new bike
- You have to also budget for tools, some of which will be rarely used after the build.
- It would not have a warranty on anything but the frame (and then only if the frame is new). If you use new parts each one has a separate warranty process, and may be dealt with long distance.
- You have to put a lot of work into confirming all parts are compatible with the frame and with each other, as building a bike is not just slapping on parts.
- The amount of time required to choose, source, order (and sometimes return/reorder), assemble and adjust/readjust is considerable. I would expect an inexperienced person could "invest" at least 60 hours or more. Keep in mind the OP spent two days doing only the assembly. Wouldn't you rather be riding?
- Unless you know why you are choosing certain parts you may make poor decisions about what to put on the bike.
- There's no benefit at all to "getting to choose what I want on the bike" unless you know enough about components and your needs that choosing particular parts is an improvement over stock parts.

I have no argument with those who say that a scratch build can be rewarding, but what you won't hear often is the amount of frustration that is also involved.

A better solution is to start with an intact bike (new or used) then research what changes will best improve the bike or better suit it to your needs (don't neglect fit/comfort - they will make the biggest impact) and make targeted changes.
(09-29-2014, 02:13 AM)tino Wrote:  hi friend this baby have new upgrades ..
crankset shimano dura ace double 7800.
front derailleur shimano dura ace double 7800.
rear derailleur shimano dura ace 7800.
front left and right shifters shimano dura ace 7800 2x10 speed .
cassette shimano dura ace 7900 10 speed.
brakes front and rear shimano dura ace 7900.
fork easton ec90 super lite.
fsa wing pro handlebar white.
3t arx -team stem.
fizik aliantecarbon twin flex kium rails saddle.
look leo sprint pedals.
specialized elite computer.
i post pictures later

Pretty nice stuff Tino, What did you do hit the Lottery ?
no pain killer I'm only working hard and looking for good deals
(10-01-2014, 01:13 PM)tino Wrote:  no pain killer I'm only working hard and looking for good deals
I figured as much Tino, never hurts to hope and though! Smile

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post

03-16-2013, 09:21 PM
Last Post: tino

01-15-2013, 05:49 PM
Last Post: tino

05-05-2012, 12:03 PM
Last Post: lgvincent