Have questions or want to discuss cycling? Join Now or Sign In to participate in the BikeRide community.

New: Take Part in the Latest Giveaway coming soon

Made in USA water bottle
Found @ Wal Mart of all places. It's cool looking, says "Schwinn", with bike gears. Made of recycled plastic. Says "Pacific Cycle, El Monte CA" on the bottom.

Paid a few bucks more than it's Chinese counterpart. Only gripe is it leaks some, requiring you to twist the top down like a gorilla if you don't want it dripping. But maybe it's just mine.

Anyway, Made In USA!!
It says "Made in USA" on it?

Pacific Cycle does not manufacture anything in the USA; it is all made in China, take a look at thier website.
Nigel
(10-01-2012, 11:26 PM)nfmisso Wrote:  It says "Made in USA" on it?

Pacific Cycle does not manufacture anything in the USA; it is all made in China, take a look at thier website.

Yup thats correct, I agree with Nigel that they import!!
Good maintenance to your Bike, can make it like the wheels are, true and smooth!
AS an aside comment, I bought a Camel bottle that was advertised not give off any plastic taste. No idea where it was made it cost more, it was the worst, I got so pod I threw it away. I do like the Camelbak.
Now I use aluminum bottles made in Italy, and put a slice of lemon in them to add a bit of zing. Having a lemon tree in back yard helps.
Never Give Up!!!
http://www.schwinnbikes.com/gear/extras/2012-biodegradable-water-bottle-14912

This is even the same color as the one I bought. (The only color?)
It is marked "Made in USA" on both the bottle and cap- and also prominently @ the store display. Too bad we aren't usually given a choice- I think many would opt for products made in this country even if they had to pay a bit more.
Glad to see some stuff is made in USA. YE USA bottle and the bike in China. Its like the TV I got the box said made in USA , only the box was made in USA. Sad, in the 40's we outfitted the Allies with war machinery. Now we make bottles and boxes. But I digress.........
Never Give Up!!!
As far as I am aware, only California Springs manufactures bottles in the States. The good thing is - you'll find them in the most likely places such as; if your LBS has some custom bottles screened for advertisement.
Drink more water.
Wheelies don't pop themselves. (from a QBP fortune cookie)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post

04-03-2014, 01:37 PM
Last Post: warrenpe