Have questions or want to discuss cycling? Join Now or Sign In to participate in the BikeRide community.

New: Take part in the May Giveaway for a Road Electric Bike Hurricane from KBO

Isis BB rebuild
Hi,

I made a little picture tutorial while replacing the bearings on my ISIS bottom bracket. I would have abandoned this system long ago, if my Middleburn crankset wasn't so nice. But buying new BB's every few months is expensive and stupid. Too bad the bearings are not a common size and there was no cheap ebay replacements to be had. I found some Enduro bearings for 10$ and I thought I'd give them a shot. I think the main problem with the seizing bearings for me was the water accumulating inside the frame and getting to the bearings from inside the BB shell so I added a grease port to pack the BB inners with grease hoping to get a little more life out of the bearings. Plus drilled a drain hole underside the bb shell on the frame.

This tutorial is for a common ISIS type that is sold under many names, mine was stickered as NC-17 ISIS Pro.
[Image: 21291_1_NC-17_InnenlagerISISDrivePro.JPG]
Thats really incredible.
Good maintenance to your Bike, can make it like the wheels are, true and smooth!

Possibly Related Threads...