Have questions or want to discuss cycling? Join Now or Sign In to participate in the BikeRide community.

New: Take Part in the March Giveaway: Coming Soon 3/24

AMP DOWN !
Looks like another winter project. took a big hit and torqued my fork, potato chipped my wheel and performed my classic tuck and roll.
with luck Amp Research will be able to rebuild my fork, they are really hard to come by and if you find one you pay thru the nose to get it.
These bikes are really cool to ride, I bought the frame and fork new in 1990 and even today it is one of the best full suspension bikes you will ever ride. The Horst Link as they were called
A complete restore is in the pipeline But I have to finish up "project Fuji"
Then move on to the Amplifier
There are two kinds of people in the world, "Those who help themselves to people, and those who help people!"
Sorry to hear about the injures to your bike, oh and glad your ok to. Best wishes for the both of you.
Have fun and just enjoy the ride
Love to see and hear about HIGH END Mongooses! And btw hurry up and get this thing fixed I can't wait forever ya know. (LOL Joke.) This is the one you were talking about on the from similiar to Jordan300's Specialized huh?
Good maintenance to your Bike, can make it like the wheels are, true and smooth!
Yep Bill, thats the one I compared to Jordons. Same basic design with a different name thats all. It will be some time before completed. I have another amp f3 fork with alloy legs that I just broke apart to polish all the pieces before I ship to AMP research to have new pins, bushing, and dampers rebuilt.
the bike will be done with mostly NOS DeoreDX and DeoreXT 7 speed components with newer upgrade to V-brakes and levers. I will keep you posted as it comes along
There are two kinds of people in the world, "Those who help themselves to people, and those who help people!"
Sounds like a helluva plan! I like it!
Good maintenance to your Bike, can make it like the wheels are, true and smooth!
A little change in plan. happened to come across another fork in great condition so I can start to break out the polishing equipment and go to town on my Amplifier again! Its been long overdue and I am ready to get back on it have some fun.
I think I have most of the parts to get her up and going, so hopefully by springtime it should be done.
Wow with a fork like that this one is gonna be a winner Wink. Still like it Smile.
These forks are getting real hard to come by nowadays, but who needs a left nut anywaySad
I have since gutted the project Fuji and may try to fit the Kcnc v-Brakes to the amp. I have to get a headset for the last one was threaded,and start digging thru boxes under the bed for the rest. since mine was never offered as a complete bicycle I will make a user out of this one and go have some fun. I will still use a lot of NOS parts
so it should come out looking good. I will keep the post updated along the way
Hmm wander if the Tioga style would work? Remember we spoke of that? Wink Then again like you said you may already have a better headset then that in one of those boxes Smile .
I found a Aheadset headset that will work nicely, no need to freak out and spend big bucks to Chris king or others like that for now.
the rest will be classic Pk style with Nos Deore crankset, Xt top thumbies, xt derailluers,Deore Dx 7speed hubs, Hg70 rear cluster,hg90chain,Xt sharkfin chainstay gaurd,
Ritchey carbon handle bars, seatpost and stem,slr titanium carbon seat taken from the project fuji bike.
should be good to go, the long part will be the elbow grease to spit shine all the alloy a bit. I have all winter to play with that.
let me know if anybody you know wants a good deal on a 19in Fuji Suncrest frame Like new
Ohhh I love when you talk that way!!! Lol, this is gonna be a sweet bike my old friend Big Grin .
Funny story about this bicycle is I had just started selling Mongoose bicycles and then this came up for a true race bike as a frame and fork option only and I just had to have it I ended up selling a bunch of comic books to come up with about a grand to finally get it. I never ever read or cared for comic books. It was when Image comics was starting and I would buy 4 comics for every one that came out, then hardboard and bag em then store them. never ever read one.
got this baby and loved it ever since. I will never sell it. Sure I have mangled about three of those forks and have tromped around on many different full suspension bikes over the years but for XC purposes it is still my favorite steed in the stable, just something about it.
Wow! How did I manage to miss this thread?
B B B B Bill. You just ain't seen n n n nothin', yet! (Bachman Turner Overdrive song that fits this project Smile )
I would be disappointed if Bob didn't have an Ace Card up his sleeve. It appears that he has at least a pair of black Jacks. Works for me!

PK! You are a tease, bro. I remember lusting after those Amp Research framesets when Mountain Bike Action magazine used to proclaim them as the Holy Grail of Full Sussers, and better than White Bread with Philladelphia Cream Cheese and Jalapeno Slices. Then we had the Off Road / Pro-Flex / Girvin thing chasing the rabbit. I wound up with a Pro-Flex 856 for dirt cheap over that war! That AMP is the cats Meow, for sure! For 'nostalgia' if for no other reason. And No, I don't want to sniff your saddle. Chocolate Chips are not my thang. Wink
Wheelies don't pop themselves. (from a QBP fortune cookie)
Thanks much Rob, Did not mean to tease ya bro(mabee taunt you a little bit). Glad you chimed in though, you may have missed this thread because you disappeared for a bit while moving or something. Yea the old proflex, you do have a cool one of those. We sold them also but not very many of them. one would hate them or love them. I remember the girvin flex stems and thought they would get a little on the wiggly side after awhile.
No cards up my sleeve for this one just straight forward back to lustre of days of yore. I figure I can hit the 24lb. range when built, so for a great all arounder fuller I can deal with that.
One of the first production full suspension gooses was the AmplifierII, while probably worth the money was lame compared to what one could do with the b-series of frames, I still have friends that are X bmx racers / freestyle that say my amp is one of the best tuned bikes they have ever ridden. I have to take their word for it because the things I have seen them do with it totally amaze me and way out of my league for sure.
"poetry in motion"
(11-25-2012, 12:33 AM)painkiller Wrote:  I remember the girvin flex stems
Watch your language, please.
Wheelies don't pop themselves. (from a QBP fortune cookie)
Sorry, blunt honesty is not one of my better traits, but you know thats why you went balls to walls on your proflex. They hit the name on the head ! I have to post this pic, its all about "nostalgia" Right?
I love hearing about nostalgia lol.